DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I wipe battery stats?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    Do you think this will work on Extended Batteries as well? Here's the battery I have:

Amazon.com: Motorola Droid A855 Extended Battery Replaces original BP6X 2300mAh Beware extended battery will increase the thickness of your phone and your protective covers or skins might not fit.: Electronics

The life percentage drops rapidly. 2 hours of use and it drops down to 80%. Life can say 80% and right after I plug in the charger it says Fully Charged. I wiped the battery stats but I have no real way of knowing if it's truly at 100% or not.
    Charge it fully to 100% and beyond...let it charge overnight, then, immediately wipe your battery stats. Wipe 2X to be safe. Then you should notice improvement on the accuracy of your battery readings...

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyBee View Post
    Do you think this will work on Extended Batteries as well? Here's the battery I have:

Amazon.com: Motorola Droid A855 Extended Battery Replaces original BP6X 2300mAh Beware extended battery will increase the thickness of your phone and your protective covers or skins might not fit.: Electronics

The life percentage drops rapidly. 2 hours of use and it drops down to 80%. Life can say 80% and right after I plug in the charger it says Fully Charged. I wiped the battery stats but I have no real way of knowing if it's truly at 100% or not.
    Charge it fully to 100% and beyond...let it charge overnight, then, immediately wipe your battery stats. Wipe 2X to be safe. Then you should notice improvement on the accuracy of your battery readings...

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy reply! Gonna try this out in the morning. Thanks again!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy reply! Gonna try this out in the morning. Thanks again!
    Indeed...good luck

4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Indeed...good luck

No luck lol, it will jump from 80 to 30 but if I reboot, it goes back to 80.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M

Indeed...good luck

No luck lol, it will jump from 80 to 30 but if I reboot, it goes back to 80.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Hmm, that is very stange indeed...

6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    I have 2 extendeds.....it works on both....problem is once you install it and start calibration it also "works it's magic"....I was only getting around 12 to 15 hours with heavy use to drain till dead.....well on this one I am at 22 and a half hours and still have 25%.....stupid thing takes forever to drain....and that is OC'd with very heavy use. Once it drains till dead you recharge and it sets in. But I can tell you this app alone just from install and initial run has made a world of a difference with my battery. And this is the 1860 one.

I would really try that app I posted if I were you.
    Last edited by nerdslogic; 04-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    Hmm... I'm running a 2800mAh battery on my D1 and have been using Battery Left Widget to attempt calibrations.
    I'm not sure how this app would work in conjunction with BLW.
    I ran the battery down from 4200mV to 3350mV (dead) and it took 125 hours to do it. I'm not on a network, though, just wifi.
    Battery Left Widget still thinks I've only got about 80 hours of life possible from the battery, but it's not fully calibrated yet. How can it think 80 when I went past 125??
    Ah well... more experiments...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    Ok- new experiment for me...
    Battery Left Widget decided that the battery only had 40 hours of life in it on the second go-around. This *after* the phone made it to 125hrs. (facepalm)

So, I've grabbed down Battery Monitor Widget as well in order to better gather data.
    Also, I've charged the phone to a full 4197mV and run the Battery Calibration reset app and also reset the BLW calibration.
    Maybe in a week I'll see what's going to happen.

I might even be on the network with this thing by the end of this week and have to use it like a phone.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    I just noticed that Battery Monitor Widget also has the option to reset the battery statistics on rooted phones.
    From the main screen, >menu>statistics>Are you sure you want to clear battery statistics (rooted phones)? Ok/Cancel
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links