DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Droid Technical Issue Summary

1. b8b
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Here's my #1 issue: I just can't live without being able to accept calendar invites, not having more than one line for a signature (death in my business) and not being able to open vcards as attachments (I get assigned clients this way, also death in my biz on the road).
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Issues with exchange sync

I would also mention that getting the droid to sync with your corporate exchange server is hit-or-miss, depending on the version of exchange server and patch level they have running. There are many threads on it over at the Motorola support forums, including here and here.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Seeing as the phone is very new, the apps are very new, they are likely to change. . Those are very valid points though. Something that they need to look at for those business users who need things that certain of us plain folk don't.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    FYI - Sync works perfectly with the Moto Droid. I dont have to push any buttons on the phone to send it to bluetooth or anything, I just go to "Phone" on my Sync system tell it who I want to call and it makes the call and sends it though the Sync system (just as its done with any other phone I have had Synced to it)
  5. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    i heard there are some world versions of the droid
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvado View Post

Slightly incorrect - there is a GSM versions (for everywhere else inthe world apart from the USA) and the Verizon CDMA versions.

If i had my preference i would get a GSM version (because you can use voice and data at the same time which you cant do with CDMA technology) but i dont want to get a GSM version for use here in NY as ATT and Tmobile have less throuput than Verizon.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX

Help!!

Usb connector only works on one usb plug.
    No flash or led for taking video.
    Cannot edit or select/copy/paste email.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Haven't read through to see if anyone's addressed this, so if it's a repeat, I apologize...

The Droid DOES have pinch zoom! download the PicSay app and try it for yourself on any picture.

What it doesn't have is widespread software support yet.
  9. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.collins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvado View Post

Slightly incorrect - there is a GSM versions (for everywhere else inthe world apart from the USA) and the Verizon CDMA versions.

If i had my preference i would get a GSM version (because you can use voice and data at the same time which you cant do with CDMA technology) but i dont want to get a GSM version for use here in NY as ATT and Tmobile have less throuput than Verizon.
    ok thanks for the correction
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jwd45244 View Post
    Here is a quick summary of some of the technical issues that are related to the Droid:

1) No Voice and Data at the same time

If this is a deal breaker for you, then not only is this phone not for you but Version is not for you. Work-around: If WiFi is available (like at you favorite Mc Restaurant) data can use it while you are on a voice call.

4) No "Pinch-Zoom"

This was not implemented in the browser, yet. The speculation is that the powers that be did not want to run into Apple's legal caims surrounding the name and or use of that gesture. <I am sure that this will be resolved, soon>
    I am totally browsing the internet, and texting....at the same time as talking to my wife on speakerphone...it may not work with Bluetooth, haven't tried that yet. It did give me an error on the first try, but it worked on the second. So I think its just buggy.

Also, the phone DOES have pinch zoom just not in default Apps. The Picasa app for instance supports pinch zoom.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links