DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Back falls off easy...

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amd2132 View Post
    Try cutting a business card the size to fit on top of the battery, then put the door on slide it up and it will be much tighter. (BB Storm trick) Still works though, I needed something since I dont want a case and I pocket my phone... Hope this helps.

AD
    i used the business card trick with my blackberry (and post-it note, and receipt paper, and $1 bill, and... etc..) battery cover. what ended up working for me was electrical tape, i guess because it is tacky. put a piece of electrical tape dwn the entire length of the battery, and see if that holds. if not, chunk that piece and put a SMALLER PIECE UNDER A LARGER PIECE to create a "hump" of sorts on top of the battery. you shouldn't have to layer more than two pieces, but that should work like a charm.

disclaimer: my battery cover doesn't have this problem, so i have not tried this as a solution ON THIS PHONE, but it has worked for me on another phone in the past.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    I'm just going to ask for a new cover, it seems as though this is a common issue. If they don't give me one, then i will start to get upset. lol. Seeing as we've already had a member or two get a new one for free, i don't think this will be an issue, maybe a wakeup call to motorola... create a better product.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Yeah. We really shouldn't have to mess with it, i agree take it back if its super loose or your not comfortable trying your own fix but if you DO want a quick solution ... half of one business card right on top of the battery works great for me. The door is super solid now.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Mines not even here yet I got screwed somehow on the weekend shipping and it will be here tomorrow though. I've been spending all weekend reading up on the phone and learning all the tips and fixes and I was just worried about it having this issue when it shows up. Hopefully not, but if it does I'm gonna try to get it exchanged (at least the battery cover).
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakmyfootoff View Post
    Mines not even here yet I got screwed somehow on the weekend shipping and it will be here tomorrow though. I've been spending all weekend reading up on the phone and learning all the tips and fixes and I was just worried about it having this issue when it shows up. Hopefully not, but if it does I'm gonna try to get it exchanged (at least the battery cover).
    Does ups and fedex deliver on federal holidays? I just can't remember.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm hoping that a third party company will offer a battery door for the Droid soon that will be solid. I just don't have enough faith in Motorola to believe that they will offer up new doors for free. For those of you who did get a replacement door, did they just pull the door off a new Droid in the store?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Mine's pretty tight... that's what she said.

But in all seriousness, mine is somewhat difficult to take off. eBay has some thin silicone cases that look nice. They don't really protect the phone like a body glove case but it would prevent the battery cover from coming off and will provide some protection.

IMO Body Glove and plastic cases are just too massive.. they make any phone feel and look like a house phone lol.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Lost mine on Sunday, called Verizon and bought a new one ($4.99) and they shipped it two day fedex.

To keep mine from coming off again I used a sticker that I usually but on al my phones. Saves from picking up someone elses.

Here ya go

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back falls off easy...-droid.jpg  
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    I haven't had too much trouble with this but I have noticed the cover coming loose and fell off 1 time while in a store which was somewhat embarassing. An easy fix that I just did was to just use my fingers to slightly bend the metal "clips" inward at the narrow part. Made it a little hard to put the cover back on but now it's solid.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes107 View Post
    I haven't had too much trouble with this but I have noticed the cover coming loose and fell off 1 time while in a store which was somewhat embarassing. An easy fix that I just did was to just use my fingers to slightly bend the metal "clips" inward at the narrow part. Made it a little hard to put the cover back on but now it's solid.
    Great suggestion, either bend the clips, or I very carefully ever so slightly bent the cover in from center so the clips basically grap a little tighter due to the slight tension I added.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Links