DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back falls off easy...

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    putting random objects between the battery and battery cover reminds me of my Storm lol

I'll cram a little something in there if it means the cover won't fall off, although mine hasn't come off yet.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakmyfootoff View Post
    I was wondering if something there to make it fit tighter might keep it from coming unlatched. The problem with that is.......we shouldnt have to do that . This is supposed to be a high end phone, the battery cover should not fall off.
    Agreed but this is Motorola design. Their QA team obviously didn't run any friction tests, i.e., put on some tight pants and walk around all day w/ the Droid in their pockets. All kidding aside, functionally inferior phones have superior battery doors, with locking mechanisms and such. <sigh>

The Fun-Tak hack should do the trick though.

Currently test-driving the Moto Droid
    Looking to early-term my ATT/iPhone contract
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I put a Verizon hard case on mine so it would help protect it from things like batteries falling off. Mine doesn't slide off anyway, but maybe putting a case on would keep that from happening for those loose Droids.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidette View Post
    I put a Verizon hard case on mine so it would help protect it from things like batteries falling off. Mine doesn't slide off anyway, but maybe putting a case on would keep that from happening for those loose Droids.

Yeh and maybe motorla shouldn't charge us to replace these lose covers with a cover design that you know 'actually works'.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    seriously people, motorola fails yet again, why not have a phone where you lock the back door, not one where it just F'ING slides into place, they have no sense of direction with their products, that's why they have always failed in the past. It's not like there isn't enough room to do what i'm talking about, their just lazy, and it's all about bottom line. Bottom line is they made it for cheap, ergo we pay the price for their stupidity.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    If you battery cover is falling off, get it replaced. It is not normal. Mine is very hard to take off.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.collins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidette View Post

Yeh and maybe motorla shouldn't charge us to replace these lose covers with a cover design that you know 'actually works'.
    I agree and wasn't implying that buying a case to fix a Motorola problem was a solution - just that having a case if you wanted to protect the phone in the first place had the additional benefit of holding the back on...
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Try cutting a business card the size to fit on top of the battery, then put the door on slide it up and it will be much tighter. (BB Storm trick) Still works though, I needed something since I dont want a case and I pocket my phone... Hope this helps.

AD
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by amd2132 View Post
    Try cutting a business card the size to fit on top of the battery, then put the door on slide it up and it will be much tighter. (BB Storm trick) Still works though, I needed something since I dont want a case and I pocket my phone... Hope this helps.

AD
    Do you think this could cause overheating?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd2132 View Post

AD
    Do you think this could cause overheating?
    I got one in mine right now... haven't experienced any issues. I used to rock two cut business cards behind the batt door in the storm (to fix the click screen) but never had any heating issues. Its not permanent either so if you feel it getting hot just pop it out but I wouldn't expect it.

AD
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links