DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP!!! Cannot Install Apps from Market!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

PLEASE HELP!!! Cannot Install Apps from Market!

As of late, I cannot install any app from the market. The app with start to download and then immediately stop without notification of reason for failure. This includes both purchased and new apps. All aspects of my phone are otherwise working well. I have tried flashing another ROM without success. Is there any that have had this issue and are there any with any idea of a solution. Thank you for any that do reply.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Ive had this problem before. I think Its just the market cuz it happened to both me and my girlfriends Droid x like a week ago. Then it started working again a few hours later

Sent from my Fascinating Galaxy S
    Currently running: Stock (for now)

Was running:
    ROM: BAMF Forever 1.0.7/Kernel: Imoseyon 3.7.1/OC'ed Stock-1.6GHz
    ROM: Synergy/Kernel: Ziggy Kernels/OC'ed Stock-1.5GHz
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    When you download the app, don't click it again, don't click anything. Wait and see if it completely downloads, then see what happens.

If it gets to 100% then nothing happens, click the app and it should install.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    you can try going into "manage applications", selecting the market and clearing cache. also try booting into recovery and wiping cache. if neither of those work, you can also go into the market app thru "manage applications" and clearing data.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by lxJGTxl View Post
    Ive had this problem before. I think Its just the market cuz it happened to both me and my girlfriends Droid x like a week ago. Then it started working again a few hours later

Sent from my Fascinating Galaxy S
    This has been going on for at least 24 hours, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    you can try going into "manage applications", selecting the market and clearing cache. also try booting into recovery and wiping cache. if neither of those work, you can also go into the market app thru "manage applications" and clearing data.
    I have tried both, tried a clean install...The only thing I have not tried is taking my droid back to stock, re-rooting, and trying one of the roms I have grown to enjoy using.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid hacked
    +1
    Kkkllkgfsafguhbj

sent....
    Sent from my computer with my keyboard.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    i don't think unrooting and rerooting is the answer - it may be, but i don't think so. have you tried going into the online market (http://market.android.com) and installing them that way??

if not, the only things that have worked for me are the clearing cache, force stop, wiping cache in recovery, and clearing data. sometimes it will take repeated attempts, especially if you have a weak data connection. speaking of which, have you tried dl'ing them with a wifi connection??
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    +1. I always get emails about this and it is getting frustrating. Ever time it seems to fix the users problem if they go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Market -> click "Clear Data" and then reboot.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jrummy16 View Post
    +1. I always get emails about this and it is getting frustrating. Ever time it seems to fix the users problem if they go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Market -> click "Clear Data" and then reboot.
    Unfortunately for me, the proposed solution did not yield the desired results. I also tried booting into recovery and wiping my cache as well as several other combination of clearing market data and cache, then recovery and wipe cache. Wiping market data and cache after wiping cache in recovery. Not wiping cache in recovery and wiping market data, cache, reboot several times as it was inferred that it may take several times to work. Any other solutions? I am thankful for the responses and hopeful to find a solution that works.
  10. XOOM RS Team Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Phone
    MOTO X + Nexus 7
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fftlambert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrummy16 View Post
    Unfortunately for me, the proposed solution did not yield the desired results. I also tried booting into recovery and wiping my cache as well as several other combination of clearing market data and cache, then recovery and wipe cache. Wiping market data and cache after wiping cache in recovery. Not wiping cache in recovery and wiping market data, cache, reboot several times as it was inferred that it may take several times to work. Any other solutions? I am thankful for the responses and hopeful to find a solution that works.
    Yes, this has worked for me and my wife's phone. I think I can narrow it down to the SD Card, and quite possibly something in the "android_secure" folder. You can either remove the SD Card and reboot without it and download (recommended) or enable USB, copy all the files in the "android_secure" folder somewhere on your hard drive and unplug USB and then try to download again (may need to reboot prior).

Not sure why this works, but maybe one of the Android geniuses here might dig into it and see? The clear cache thing never worked for me either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links