Apologies in advance for long post. Trying to be concise, but complete. Have tried a long time to resolve this myself on this forum, CM forums, Wiki, et al.
In spite of (what I thought was) careful planning and extensive reading, I still managed to FUBAR my first attempt at running a mod.
For now, just trying to get back to stock.
Mod version CM 6.1.2-Droid
How I got here:
- Successfully rooted following excellent directions from MotoCache1 in this forum.
- Successfully installed ROM manager (free) and purchased full version.
- Downloaded Titanium Backup (free) in market and purchased Pro.
- ran Titanium Backup
- Downloaded CyanogenMod 6.1.2
- Backed up in ROM manager, creating custom backup name
- Installed CM ROM via ROM manager, selecting Wipe Data and Backup ROM (had to do this 3 times. first 2 times it said 'Need to Run Clockwork', even though I already had. 3rd time it ran). My reading led me expect that I would be given an option to retain Google Apps. This didn't happen.
- CM runs fine.
- No Google apps.
- I have attempted to find, download, install a "gapps.apk", which I think will install the basic Google apps I'm missing? I really only care about Market, for now. Some threads link to Google sites that allow me to run as Web Apps, but not on phone as before.
- NONE of my back-ups are on my SD card. Other data and files are there. I actually copied my entire SD card to my external drive at home. When I get back there in a few days, I may be able to fix this myself.
-I deleted and reinstalled the CM, no change.
-I re-downloaded the FROYO update.zip in an effort to get back where I started. This is where I fail.
Boot Screen says:
assert failed: file...getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRg01B/45394:user/release-keys"
E:Eror in /sdcard/update.zip
I am not in dire straits. Phone works, texting works, email works. CAN get my contacts (exported file to my SD). Just want to get Market back, access to previous downloads, and a few other things.
Thanks in advance for any advice or re-direction..........