DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Some interesting quirks...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Some interesting quirks...

GDE will FC every time I try to install wallpaper.

MMS will not retrieve pictures (that's all I have been getting) if I'm connected WiFi. it will only get them if I turn WiFi off and connect 3G.

When running Open Home, the proximity sensor (to turn off the screen) while making a phone call does not work.

Maybe I have too much junk installed on my droid and need to delete some stuff?

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDebbi View Post

MMS will not retrieve pictures (that's all I have been getting) if I'm connected WiFi. it will only get them if I turn WiFi off and connect 3G.

When running Open Home, the proximity sensor (to turn off the screen) while making a phone call does not work.

GDE is ok. It has a lot of FC issues. My GF has it and when it works correctly it works ok. A serious update is needed in my opinion to make it worth while

(2) I have WIFI on all the time and get MMS messages. Sorry I can't duplicate that issue

(3) Why have Open home and GDE. Pick a home replacement app and stick with it. They "could" create issues between eachother at some point. Why not uninstall the two of them and try home++
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDebbi View Post

GDE is ok. It has a lot of FC issues. My GF has it and when it works correctly it works ok. A serious update is needed in my opinion to make it worth while

(2) I have WIFI on all the time and get MMS messages. Sorry I can't duplicate that issue

(3) Why have Open home and GDE. Pick a home replacement app and stick with it. They "could" create issues between each other at some point. Why not uninstall the two of them and try home++
    I have them ALL installed. I can not decide which one I like.
    I like the cube scrolling of GDE,
    I like the skins, battery meter, customize ability and screen labels of Open Home,
    I like the Running Dock of DxTop, and
    I like the scrolling menu bar of Home++,

What I don't like about them is:
    GDE has a TON of FC (have now uninstalled because of this). I agree it needs a BIG update!

Open Home does not have continuous scrolling of the screens

Home ++ seems to drain the battery, is slow in response and I cant find skins.

dxTop has that 4square screen thingy going on. (uninstalled also)

As far as the other issues, I need to test the proximity sensor with Home++ and Open Home.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I get maybe 5 force closes on GDE a week. thats about it, really. Maybe you have something conflicting with GDE, but that would probably be impossible to track down.

Anyway, you are definately experiencing more than normal amount of FCs. I have over 30 apps installed, too.

-Wil
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
    I get maybe 5 force closes on GDE a week. thats about it, really. Maybe you have something conflicting with GDE, but that would probably be impossible to track down.

Anyway, you are definately experiencing more than normal amount of FCs. I have over 30 apps installed, too.

-Wil
    I get about 3 a day on GDE. I have uninstalled it until a bigger update comes out.

Links