DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General OS Lag loading homescreen and using droid

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    jleeusa
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    On rooted droid1 I have had the problem too. I have been recently trying to back out of apps rather than home button abd have some success. Another thing I have tried is to occasionally clear cache at the recivery screen, SEEMS to be working. I am not wise enough to know why these methods have been working, but they have for me. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Back your top speed down to 900 When I first over clocked I found that 1000 was to o much

Member #
    Phone
    DROIIIIIIIDD.
    Quote Originally Posted by missingminnesota View Post
    I had serious lag issues and issues with the phone freezing up multiple times a day which were all solved by uninstalling Lookout. When I spoke to the verizon tech, he said that Lookout was the only app currently on their "BAD list" causing multiple issues with many different types of devices. I had no idea.
    Irony^^!!!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Flashed cyanogenmod I think its 6.1.2 and bam gone. I can press home from any app zero lag. Even sliding the keybord works great turning the homescreen. I've tried to make it lag. I was skeptic on changing the kernel but flashed slayer and this thing is unstopable.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid d1
    I found the fix....I had all the same issues as you others....slow redraw.....8 second pause when unlocking phone or exiting app...I did EVERYTHING I could think of. I was determined to fix it without rooting....and I have...I used estrongs file explorer to look around and found that there were several apps folders that were still full of files that I uninstalled before the hard reset...deleted those and voila....fixed...the 2 that had lots that I remember were flikie and zedge. I even installed launcher pro with all the 3d animations loaded, 6 fully active widgets, and a live matrix wallpaper and 0 lag time....my suggestion, find a file explorer app and delete junk u don't use anymore...its prolly junk that doesn't work well with 2.2. Just be careful cause you could delete something u need to make the phone run correctly and I am not responsible lol...

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyspd View Post
    I found the fix....I had all the same issues as you others....slow redraw.....8 second pause when unlocking phone or exiting app...I did EVERYTHING I could think of. I was determined to fix it without rooting....and I have...I used estrongs file explorer to look around and found that there were several apps folders that were still full of files that I uninstalled before the hard reset...deleted those and voila....fixed...the 2 that had lots that I remember were flikie and zedge. I even installed launcher pro with all the 3d animations loaded, 6 fully active widgets, and a live matrix wallpaper and 0 lag time....my suggestion, find a file explorer app and delete junk u don't use anymore...its prolly junk that doesn't work well with 2.2. Just be careful cause you could delete something u need to make the phone run correctly and I am not responsible lol...

Can u be more specific about what folders or apps you found to delete? I would like to try what you did

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links