So I have the Moto Droid and I have it rooted LFY V1.71/ Kernel Version 22.214.171.124_slayer /android version 2.2.1/ Base band C_01.43.01P/ and for the past month or two the following problems have me close to throwing this thing out the car window and looking to jump ship and get an Iphone!
1. Battery drain..charging at least 5 to 6 times a day!
2. The phone is slow to my request..(ie)..hit the home key and it will not respond for about 5 seconds, transitioning from one app to the next there is lag time of about 4 seconds.
3. The photos I have saved on my phone are hard to view simply because of the long time it takes to view them...8 to 10 second lag time.
4. 3G Reception is a joke now, I have some bars on my display but then get an error "Page Not Available"???
5. When I attempt to answer my phone from any app that is currently opened its nearly impossible so I end up missing the call and have to call the person back!
6.The mic sometimes will not work, I have been on phone calls where I place the phone on speaker and the person cant hear me, but can hear me if I'm not on speaker???
7. The dialer tones are sometimes off/not working properly, you know when you call customer service and you get the automated system asking you to press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish..lol.
I have come to DF for answers and have tried to use the Fix Permissions in Rom manager and this works sometimes but from what I noticed is that the phone works a little better every time I restart it, but who wants to do that all day? not me... I shouldn't have to.
Besides all the above the phone is great..lol..
Any ideas or suggestions? Please let me know..thanks!