DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone's charger jack problem

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Phone's charger jack problem

I have a Moto droid and lately it's been giving me problems charging.

It seems to me that when I plug it in I have to jiggle the head of the charger that sticks into the phone around and have it in a perfect position to charge and I absolutely can NOT move it or the charge will go off and I'll have to restart the entire process.

Tonight my phone's charger got worse. At about 15% battery life I started to fiddle with the charger to get it to charge to no avail. Now it has died and I still can not get it too work.

Is there anyway I can fix this problem on my own without voiding the warranty or making the insurance not want to fix it? I need a quick fix as I NEED my phone tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Woops, I seem to have also posted this in the wrong section. My bad. If an admin or mod could be kind enough to move this to the correct section that would be a huge help!
  4. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Have you tried a different charger? I could only be that or the charging port.

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Have you tried a different charger? I could only be that or the charging port.

DroidForums junkie!!
    All 3 of my chargers do it. The regular wall charger, car charger, and usb charger all do the same exact thing.

It seems to me its the part of the phone where it connects.
  6. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Do you talk on the phone while its plugged in? Sounds like a loose charging port to me.

DroidForums junkie!!

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Do you talk on the phone while its plugged in? Sounds like a loose charging port to me.

DroidForums junkie!!
    Yes, I have before multiple times. Does that mean I got too far away and pulled the charger while it was connected and jarred it loose?

Also, is there anyways to fix this without having to send it in or void the warranty?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunder
    my D1 did that too. The charger cable just wasnt sitting in the connector tight enough. I found that adjusting the metal around the outside edges of the chrger port with a small flat screwdriver or a razor blade or something helps. I just kinda bent it back into the original shape again. that helped hold the charger cable tight in the position it should sit in. obviously I am talking small adjustments. the back part of the connector where it has a split in it is where I adjusted it.
  9. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Unfortunately no. You could find someone else with a Droid and charge your battery in their phone. Or you could buy a charger for your battery that a Verizon store would have. Those are pretty much your only options...your warranty is already voided though.

Quote Originally Posted by josh_rmn View Post

DroidForums junkie!!
    Yes, I have before multiple times. Does that mean I got too far away and pulled the charger while it was connected and jarred it loose?

Also, is there anyways to fix this without having to send it in or void the warranty?

DroidForums junkie!!

10. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Couldn't hurt..

Quote Originally Posted by rlfitz View Post
    my D1 did that too. The charger cable just wasnt sitting in the connector tight enough. I found that adjusting the metal around the outside edges of the chrger port with a small flat screwdriver or a razor blade or something helps. I just kinda bent it back into the original shape again. that helped hold the charger cable tight in the position it should sit in. obviously I am talking small adjustments. the back part of the connector where it has a split in it is where I adjusted it.

DroidForums junkie!!

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rlfitz View Post

I can't even get a sewing needle in there to bend them up..

Anybody have any other suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links