DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CJM

Thread: Lag

1. Junior Droid
    Member #

Lag

My droid x2 is so slow when trying to make a call. I hit contact and select the number to call and my phone will become unresponsive some times taking up to 5 minutes to place the call. Heaven forbid I tap call more than once because my phone will place the same phone call over and over. Most of the time I get so aggravated waiting that I use my boyfriends $15 phone to make the phone call. Does anyone else have this problem and is there anything I can do to fix this?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid Forums

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member

Re: Lag

Turn your phone off. With it off holds volume down + power until "fast boot" appears at the top of your screen. Then press volume down 7 times until "android recovery" is at the top. Press volume up once to select it. Now at the next screen press volume up + volume down together. In here scroll down using the volume key and wipe cache partition with power. Then reboot, see if that helps. If not a data wipe/factory reset may clear it up but this will cause you to lose all data etc and will basically return your phone to an "out of the box" state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCliffGo05 View Post
    Turn your phone off. With it off holds volume down + power until "fast boot" appears at the top of your screen. Then press volume down 7 times until "android recovery" is at the top. Press volume up once to select it. Now at the next screen press volume up + volume down together. In here scroll down using the volume key and wipe cache partition with power. Then reboot, see if that helps. If not a data wipe/factory reset may clear it up but this will cause you to lose all data etc and will basically return your phone to an "out of the box" state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    That did not help but I really appreciate you teaching me how to do that. When I completed all if the steps without messing my phone up I actually had a big head for a second because felt like for once I was smart enough to own a smart phone. I have had to do a factory reset on it once before and it sucked so I an going to put it off a little longer. Thanx again that was great!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid Forums
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Droid X, 2, 2G, X2, D3, D4
    My droid x2 is so slow when trying to make a call.
    first you should post in DX2 forum, this is D2

some lag is just part of moto phones, but there could be a hardware issue, not much you can do about that, unless you have a warranty or willing to take apart

could be software, if factory reset didn't fix, you could try flashing a .sbf factory image file.
    factory reset, only wiped user data, and resets factory defaults, if a system file is missing, reset may not fix that
    or you could root, and flash eclipse 2.3, and will run better than stock
    learn how to flash sbf with rsd lite HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
    watch a video about it How to video's. sbf, root, nandroid backup, and restore
    use 2.3.5/1.3.418 sbf and RSD Lite 5.7 my instructions

if you want to root use [How To] Root 2.3.5/1.3.418
    HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of X2

and many more links in my list
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - Google Docs

e
    dit: of course you should check, menu/settings/about phone/ system version is it 1.3.418...? if not please post what it is
    Last edited by themib; 01-06-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

Always in motion is the future
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member

Re: Lag

Moved to Droid X2 forum

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Links