DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Why is the phone bill remains the same price, without a contract?

  1. Junior Droid
    DRIOD Cauly's Avatar
    Member #
    142605
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    #1

    Why is the phone bill remains the same price, without a contract?

    I have DX2 with unlimited data, and next month I will be eligiblefor an upgrade however I am thinking of paying full price for a SG III, instead of getting the phone at a subsidized price and locking with Verizon for the next two years, and losing my unlimited. I have a question that is bothering me; I understand that if I bought the phone at a subsidized price, the phone still belongsto Verizon for 2 years, until it is paid off. My bill now is $75.oo each moths including taxes however the question that I have is if I paid full price for the SG III, and I am not in a contract for two years being a free agent, shouldn’t my bill be reduced to a lower amount because I am not paying for a subsidized phone? Because I know that when I purchased a subsidized phone the phone still belongs to Verizon for 2 years, until it is paid off. I know the reason Verizon locks people in for two years is so they can recoup the money's for the phone that was sold initially at a subsidized price, if I already paid full price up front and only using their services, I think the monthly prices should be less.
    Last edited by DRIOD Cauly; 06-16-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than united in error; it is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie; it is better to stand alone with truth than to be wrong with the multitude.

    (Solitary Truth.)
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    antonyz409's Avatar
    Member #
    151552
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    #2
    i dont know why they say it verizons phone its not its yours, thats why they have the etf for but thats just my opinion.
  4. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,937
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIOD Cauly View Post
    I have DX2 with unlimited data, and next month I will be eligiblefor an upgrade however I am thinking of paying full price for a SG III, instead of getting the phone at a subsidized price and locking with Verizon for the next two years, and losing my unlimited. I have a question that is bothering me; I understand that if I bought the phone at a subsidized price, the phone still belongsto Verizon for 2 years, until it is paid off. My bill now is $75.oo each moths including taxes however the question that I have is if I paid full price for the SG III, and I am not in a contract for two years being a free agent, shouldn’t my bill be reduced to a lower amount because I am not paying for a subsidized phone? Because I know that when I purchased a subsidized phone the phone still belongs to Verizon for 2 years, until it is paid off. I know the reason Verizon locks people in for two years is so they can recoup the money's for the phone that was sold initially at a subsidized price, if I already paid full price up front and only using their services, I think the monthly prices should be less.
    If you called and asked, I could almost guarantee that vzw would offer you an early upgrade to a 4g device, including pre ordering the s3 and you would keep your unlimited data.

    Also, when you buy a device at the 2 year price, it yours. You can take it.right off your account and sell it and vzw wouldn't care. They get their money from the rate you pay for service, its already factored in.. so call today and preorder the s3 if you like.

    That way you lock in the unlimited for 2 years, and you get a good price on a 4g device. Win win.

    If you don't care for the s3, how bout a maxx?? A nexus? Its your call.

    But i would ALMOST guarantee an early upgrade if you ask for it.

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Super Moderator
    Vulcan1600's Avatar
    Member #
    7183
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,569
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #4
    Your bill each month is for your monthly access plan, data, extra features, overages and taxes. Nothing takes into consideration the fact you got a subsidized phone. I'm not sure where in your phone bill that is higher because you were in a 2 year contract with a subsidized pricing in exchange for the 2 year commitment to be on VZW.

    I will try to use an analogy. You buy a car and have a car loan, you also obviously have to have insurance on your car. Your declarations pages also list your lienholder. Once your car is paid off, your lienholder is no longer an interest, but your insurance rates do not drop because your car is paid off.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

  6. Junior Droid
    stylekimchee's Avatar
    Member #
    261725
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid x2
    #5
    Ive heard from a tmobile employee that you get a cheaper plan when don't get an "upgraded phone". Although this is t-mobile I would be under the impression that many other wireless providers would use similar strategies. I will repost if I can dig anything out of the internet.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Caesars's Avatar
    Member #
    251834
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,163
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    #6
    Because if it was cheaper per month if you used your own phone, Verizon would make a lot less money hehe. It all comes down to the green, if I could buy a used <insert new flagship droid every 2months> and pay Verizon $20 less a month, they would have sad shareholders.

    I'm pretty sure tmobile is the only company who made a decent attempt at this type pricing, and the brainwashed consumers couldn't see it was a better deal (or maybe tmobile coverage sucks hehe). Why pay $500 for a phone when Verizon has it for $200 with a monthly plan that's $40 more a month, *stupid Americans* hehe.
  8. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    Your bill each month is for your monthly access plan, data, extra features, overages and taxes. Nothing takes into consideration the fact you got a subsidized phone. I'm not sure where in your phone bill that is higher because you were in a 2 year contract with a subsidized pricing in exchange for the 2 year commitment to be on VZW.

    I will try to use an analogy. You buy a car and have a car loan, you also obviously have to have insurance on your car. Your declarations pages also list your lienholder. Once your car is paid off, your lienholder is no longer an interest, but your insurance rates do not drop because your car is paid off.
    +1

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  9. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by stylekimchee View Post
    Ive heard from a tmobile employee that you get a cheaper plan when don't get an "upgraded phone". Although this is t-mobile I would be under the impression that many other wireless providers would use similar strategies. I will repost if I can dig anything out of the internet.
    I think you're thinking of their prepaid service. I THINK it's prepaid. But Tmobile has plans available where you don't get subsidized pricing on phones. Instead you pay the full price, but you have the option to make payments on the phone.
  10. Junior Droid
    stylekimchee's Avatar
    Member #
    261725
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid x2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
    Because if it was cheaper per month if you used your own phone, Verizon would make a lot less money hehe. It all comes down to the green, if I could buy a used <insert new flagship droid every 2months> and pay Verizon $20 less a month, they would have sad shareholders.

    I'm pretty sure tmobile is the only company who made a decent attempt at this type pricing, and the brainwashed consumers couldn't see it was a better deal (or maybe tmobile coverage sucks hehe). Why pay $500 for a phone when Verizon has it for $200 with a monthly plan that's $40 more a month, *stupid Americans* hehe.
    Well the idea behind it being cheaper every month is that they are having you pay off the phone each month rather than a lump sum in the beginning. That way, people assume they are getting a better deal because the phone is a fifth of the cost. And I'm not quite sure where you're going with that last statement I kind of just woke up haha

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 07:12 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:41 PM
  3. Droid X price now FREE (or $19 with a contract).
    By williamlwesterfield in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 08:53 PM
  4. DINC 1 year contract price
    By mottling in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 12:54 PM
  5. Lowest Incredible Price w/o Contract?
    By danDroid in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 12:39 PM

Search tags for this page

cost of droid 4 without contract
,

droid incredible 2 price without contract

,
droid incredible bill with no contract
,
droid incredible price without contract
,
droid x2 monthly phone bill
,
how to tunn on droid x2 to no contract phone
,
is contract same as bill phone
,
monthly bill 150 early upgrade
,
price of droid incredible without contract for 2012
,
price of galaxy s3 without contract and every month bill
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+