...this is the worst phone I've ever owned. I paid a lot of money for this phone, and I shouldn't have to spend my valuable time pouring through forums to figure out why my phone:
1) Randomly reboots several times a day
2) Won't take pictures or open the camera app sometimes
3) Deletes playlists
4) Randomly changes ringtones
5) Has unreliable connectivity to GPS
6) Go from 4 bars 3G to no bars 1x and back and forth and back and forth WITHOUT MOVING AN INCH
7) Connects to my wireless network but will not be connected to the internet
8) Has the speech recognition capability equivalent to Helen Keller feeling my lips and guessing what's coming out
9) Can suck a battery dry in a few hours without the phone being used at all
10) Won't charge on the media dock or car dock sometimes
11) Randomly tells me I have no SD card
I am a tech guy, and I can LIVE with a few glitches here and there, but this phone is a piece of crap. I know there are opinions from folks on here whether its hardware or software related, but I'm not sure it's not BOTH. Motorola's crappy version of Android and a shoddy piece of hardware. I lived through the early adopter growing pains of having the original Droid, but I deserved a better phone when I moved up the Droid X2 and it has caused me nothing but grief.
I want so badly to have the time to write all the letters to Verizon and Motorola that you guys do. Or to learn how to install the mods that you guys claim make this crappy phone work better. I don't. I'm a single dad who works full-time and coaches baseball. I have NO extra time. After a particularly frustrating day with this phone, I originally came here to see if I could do anything quickly or easily to improve my situation, but since I couldn't, I had to vent. Sorry for the rant.