DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With All The New Phones Out There and I Still Want A DX2 - Am I Crazy?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Brigade, Droid 4

With All The New Phones Out There and I Still Want A DX2 - Am I Crazy?

I've been due for an upgrade for two phones on my family plan for 3 months now. I've spent a lot of time researching all the latest greatest phones out there - GNex, RAZR, D4, etc., etc. and I must say I am NOT impressed with any of them. I've been down to the VW store a number of times to "play" with them but they all felt so fragile and plastic like. Sure they can do this that and the other but the amount of problems that I have read about on this forum - poor 4G LTE, horrible radio reception, no ICS, can't see the screen in direct light, horrible battery life, the list goes on and on is enough to make me take a second look at "older" tech devices.

Since I just need a phone to be a phone with very good reception, some light emailing, internet and maybe an occasional movie so I do NOT need 4G LTE let alone a frickin camera in it. I have a great Canon G9 that takes excellent photos, my old iPod is super easy to use especially in the car. Anyhow getting past the rants I find the look, feel, build and "simplicity" of the X2 - Seems people either love it or hate it.

Basically I'm looking for owners of the X2 who can tell me I'm not crazy and buy it!
    "It was the multi-coloured presentation that drew me in."
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    The x2 had some issues with gb but it was resolved. Its not a bad phone and IMHO the camera isn't bad either. I went from the dx to the DX2, to bionic and now I have the maxx. All 4 DROID phones are currently on my account. My son has the DX and up the line it goes.

sent from my RAZR MAXX
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I've had my X2 about 6 months and have been extremely happy with it. I'm an accountant and work out of my office a great deal. I came from a BlackBerry Storm, and the X2 does everything that phone did and so much more. I don't live in a 4G area, and even when/if it becomes available, I doubt I'd change. The X2 is plenty fast for me.

Some folks had to get multiple replacements, but we've got 4 X2s in our family (two daughters and one son-in-law) and are all on the originals. One of these was purchased right after release date and the updates took care of any problems experienced with that one. We all love the screen and don't think the camera's bad either.

We do have one iPhone in our family.......always a black sheep i guess! Hope this helps.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    You're crazy only if you don't wait for the MOTO Vanquish.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-vanquish.html

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    Idk not a fan the X2 ghosting on it is really bad.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, OG Droid
    I have a Bionic, and I just bought a refurb X2 for my son, and I have to say really like the phone. The only thing that would bother me is the physical buttons, but that's just personal preference. Are you crazy? I don't think so.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    I have a droid X2, and I could go into a full in depth explanation of why its a terrible phone. . . . But I don't want to waste energy explaining it, just get a better phone lol. The droid X2 may honestly be the WORST smart phone I have had over last 2 years (out of about 6 different models).
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    I wouldn't get the X2 unless you get it off contract. You would be locked into it for 2 years and it is basically unsupported now by Motorola. It wont get any more OS updates.

Galnet MIUI
    -Brad
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    False information. X2 is the works for a new update. Its not CONFIRMED on moto's site that we are staying on 2.3.4 as other devices ARE stated that they will remain on the latest build. The X2 doesn't say that.

sent from My MB870/DROID X2 Runnin' CM7
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX2

Droid X2 is a great phone!

I have had the X2 for a few months now and could not be happier with it. I spend alot of time investigating new technologies including smartphones just for fun and the new ones that are out or coming out are definitely intriguing but for my purposes (mostly web browsing and, email and youtube) the DX2 is all I need. It's an excellent performer in my experience and the dual core soc is speedy. I even play some light games on it like contract killer and front line: commando on it and they are buttery smooth and crispy graphics too. I also use the Motorola calander widget/app that came with the phone and that works great too. Web browsing is top notch, battery life is great! Email is fine. Youtube hardly ever buffers. Screen is large and crisp. So if you are crazy then add me to that list as well cause I love my X2...

That said I should mention that I plan to upgrade soon to a quad core phone when they come out next month because I really want to get into gaming more and would like to take advantage of that tegra 3 chip for games like shodowgun ect. But the X2 is still a great phone and I am highly recommending it. Let us know what you decide and if you do go with the X2 let us know how you like it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links