DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: data plan on old alltel plan usage for Droid X2????

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola, Barrage

data plan on old alltel plan usage for Droid X2????

I have a question which im sure has been asked before, but i cant find any awnsers yet.... Im on the friends and family 900 min. plan with $20 a month connect pack. i am looking to upgrade my Barrage to the Droid X2. Will my current plan work with the Droid phone without changing my plan???? If so, is there any particular number i should call to get the phone activated when i would get it? Any help is appreciated,,, thank you very much.........
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Not sure how the plan thing would go. I would call CS at VZW and see what they sau about that question. As for a number to call to activate it would be *228 if it's reset and the android guy comes up first you may have a problem activating by just pressing that. May need to hit the emergency call button at bottom left and proceed to dial *228 to activate. Hope this helps and sorry I couldn't answer the first part of your question. If you need anymore help with your X2 when you recieve it, just come and post a thread here on droid forums or yoh can PM me anytime with any questions. Enjoy your device when it arrives!

Sent from my DROID X2
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola, Barrage

I found out....

I finally talked to sombody about the plans,,, "They" said that i will need to change my plan the alltel, smart choice smart pack, and it just depends on the amount of minutes that a person wants to have. I will go to the 500 minute plan if this information is true..... ill report back when and IF i get this phone,, ill have to see what the verizon people will say about it...
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Connect pack with droid on Alltel

Quote Originally Posted by predatrrider View Post
    I finally talked to sombody about the plans,,, "They" said that i will need to change my plan the alltel, smart choice smart pack, and it just depends on the amount of minutes that a person wants to have. I will go to the 500 minute plan if this information is true..... ill report back when and IF i get this phone,, ill have to see what the verizon people will say about it...
    I have had Alltel for years and still have it. I have 5 phones on my plan- all with connect pack 1. I bought used phones over a year ago( 3 milestones and 2 HTC Droids). They all have worked with my old Connect packs. I never purchased a data plan.

I have had friends tell me they had Alltel sales reps tell them it's impossible to connect an android smartphone without a data plan, but I've had it for over a year...so it is POSSIBLE. I still have my old family plan with connect packs.

I'll use it this way until they tell me I can't because I save tons of money by not buying the data plans.
    Maybe because I'm grandfathered in under my old plan. I've not had a contract for over 5 years.

Links