DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Magic Smoke Live-Wallpaper for DX2

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2

Magic Smoke Live-Wallpaper for DX2

Anyone else notice it doesnt work? First time I tapped it...it was a complete green Screen! No smoke...tried the settings to change the color to see if that would change anything. Changed the color but still no smoke effect. I even set my wallpaper and it was just ONE single color on all pages...NO SMOKE? Very interesting issue I have found...anyone else???
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    How am I the only one with this issue. Almost sixty views and no one has had this same issue? Weird since this vy the way is my 2nd DX2 with the very same issue. Maybe it's these "Like-new" DX2's that are garbage???

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    yeah...this sites a joke. Guess Ill go elsewhere with my questions from now on.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Yep doesn't work of me either, I'm hoping for an update.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    Yep doesn't work of me either, I'm hoping for an update.
    THANK YOU...I DONT FEEL ALONE NOW!!! God...whats with the people on here looking and not responding? Crazy man...thanks again though...at least I now know its not MY DX2 only.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROIDX 2
    Im having the exact same issue. My first x2 was taken back due to dead pixels but the lwp worked on the replacement with no dead pixels that lwp doesn't work. DROIDX 2 is getting 2.3.4 so if that don't fix it im going back to verizon
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidX2FreAk View Post
    Im having the exact same issue. My first x2 was taken back due to dead pixels but the lwp worked on the replacement with no dead pixels that lwp doesn't work. DROIDX 2 is getting 2.3.4 so if that don't fix it im going back to verizon
    See I was thinking the same thing with the pixels for mine as well...just because the pic quality sucks...but I've been realizing its the lighting that matters when you take a pic. I guess this phone is known for the "pentile display" apparently the resolution is just TOO much for this phone. No biggie there...just want my phone fully functional. ($450 to walk out with these phones for me n my girl) I would expect perfection paying money like that...on top of the roughly $200 monthly bill. Very strange how only the "magic smoke LWP" doesnt work. So we're getting 2.3.4 huh? Any ideas when you think we'll be recieving this update? Would be very nice if it fixed the minor bugs...other then that...this phone is alright. (with extended battery that is.)
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROIDX 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip3601211 View Post
    See I was thinking the same thing with the pixels for mine as well...just because the pic quality sucks...but I've been realizing its the lighting that matters when you take a pic. I guess this phone is known for the "pentile display" apparently the resolution is just TOO much for this phone. No biggie there...just want my phone fully functional. ($450 to walk out with these phones for me n my girl) I would expect perfection paying money like that...on top of the roughly $200 monthly bill. Very strange how only the "magic smoke LWP" doesnt work. So we're getting 2.3.4 huh? Any ideas when you think we'll be recieving this update? Would be very nice if it fixed the minor bugs...other then that...this phone is alright. (with extended battery that is.)
    Between 2 weeks or a month(hopefully worst case is a month or a little over a month) people that have been testing out 2.3.4 have had many good things to say. They have reported many bug fixes(phone shuts off, music skipping etc)

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidX2FreAk View Post
    Between 2 weeks or a month(hopefully worst case is a month or a little over a month) people that have been testing out 2.3.4 have had many good things to say. They have reported many bug fixes(phone shuts off, music skipping etc)

Awesome...good to know. Was thinking about asking verizon for a swap out lol. Think I'll stick with it for awhile and see what the update will bring because other then the few problems like I said, I like it. Havent had a reboot since I downloaded a screenshot app, so I immeadiatley uninstalled it and FR the phone. I've played a few songs on it as well and havent had any skip sound issues either. It may be because not having more then 2-3 mp3 downloads. My guess on the reboots and music skipping has somthing to do with the RAM or storage. Don't get me wrong it may be software as well because it may say you have plenty storage and RAM, but having 100 mp3 downloads along with minor software issues and you may experience reboots or skipping. As to having onyl 3-10 mp3 downloads and the software issue you may not get the reboots or skips. Just my thoughts though...hopefully we get the update sooner then later. I got so sick of waiting for gingerbread update for the Droid Charge that I switched back to this DX2 so I wouldnt get any more data drops. So it sits in a drawer collecting dust until I read somthing good on the Charge updates. Sounds crazy huh? hahaha. Just hoping its not as long as a wait as that update is...

Links