DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sending it back!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Sending it back!

My wife and I got 2 DROID x2's for 169.99 (bogo). The phones were delivered Monday. Its Friday and they're both going back! Looks like it will cost me $70. Guess I'll consider it 'tuition' for being schooled to never buy a phone without going to the store to see it first.

Music (both streaming and local files) pops, skips, and pauses randomly. Podcasts start over at random (streaming or downloaded). Phones have been capable of playing music for a long time. Why the issues now?

The battery in my phone lasts 12 hours with very heavy usage. Hers lasts only a few hours with minimum usage.

These are our 2 biggest complaints. The unlock screen,keyboard, and app launching all lag at random.

She's a VZW employee and we've had several android phones. She's had all kinds if test devices. We both agree this phone is bad. I reactivated my original X this morning.......it seems faster!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Last edited by Qball32; 08-05-2011 at 05:21 PM.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    I know a ton of people have returned their X2's for Incredible 2's.

Sorry to hear you had to do that. You might look at installing a custom ROM on your X.

MIUI
    -Brad
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    did you make sure the software was up to date because i had similar issues with mine until i updated to gb a couple of days ago, now the phone is a beast
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I did. Received the OTA gingerbread in the first 24 hours of ownership. Even did 2 system restores after that.

While the phone seemed a little more responsive all of the audio problems remained. Nothing improved with her battery life either.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    thats really depressing because it is the best phone ive ever used and it suck to see someone having a problem with it
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX2 beta tester (apparently)
    Quote Originally Posted by Qball32 View Post
    I did. Received the OTA gingerbread in the first 24 hours of ownership. Even did 2 system restores after that.

While the phone seemed a little more responsive all of the audio problems remained. Nothing improved with her battery life either.

Quoting for truth. The skipping is just ridiculous. And yes, I've tried every trick in the book before someone says I should root and supercharge and all that crap.

Also, I have a new issue... flickering screen when on auto brightness. It's like the phone can't decide how bright out it is.

On the upside, GB did fix a Bluetooth connection headache I was having with a Blackberry Stereo Gateway. Something about the 2.3.x Bluetooth stack works differently from the Froyo and previous, but now the phone will connect to the device every single time. Before it was a real PITA, and I had to connect manually every time I entered the car.

Too bad I will have to ditch the X2 because the rest of the audio problems remain.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    That is a shame, all of my stock issues went away after switching to Affinity and running all the tweaks, i think you should give it one more try with and sbf root it, double wipe the data and cache, and try Affinity, the only issue I have is it tells me my battery is at 5% after like 6 hours but it won't shut off for many many hours after of heavy use

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    That (in my opinion) is a long way to go to make a nearly $500 (retail) device work like it should. It didn't work properly on day 1. It still didn't work properly after gingerbread. I shouldn't have to root, sbf, or modify my phone just to get it to work like it's supposed to.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    braveone772
    Phone
    OG D1, DX, Dx2, DROID RAZR!!!
    I hear you on the pauses...had the same issue til the GB release.

I'm still too terrified to attempt rooting...it's more complicated than it used to be with the OG Droid...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    +1

Returned my defective DX2 for an DINC2. My co-worker and I got the DX2 on the POGO deal -both had the audio playback issues. Moto really screwed the pooch on this one. The DX was one of their best selling phones. Looks like they cut corners to make the DX2 cost less to produce (while retaining the MSRP of course) and now everyone is flocking to the DINC2 because of poor performance on a great number of these shipped devices. Pity.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links