DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Making it clear on X2 audio issues and GB...

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Look at this? Look at all these people with some kind of issue. It seriously blows my mind how something like this could just be overlooked. Or maybe they just have no clue what's causing it? Either way, they fail.

Slacka, I totally see where you're coming from, but I do have to admit WHEN WORKING PROPERLY, this phone can be blazing fast. I use GoLauncher and don't have any screen redraw now. I download 7+ updates at the same time like it's nothing. The Navigation is almost instant in loading and it follows your movement in real time with absolutely no lag. I personally like the screen on full brightness, though if you don't prefer that then I can see how the screen lighting might be a disappointment.

But, as I said, I'm like you and music is easily one of the top things I use my phone for. I just can't believe my Eris did something better than my X2. Seriously, that should not be the case.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I think it is a ram issue. Sure, it has 512mb like must phones, but under 100mb is available to the user. Motobloat uses a lot of ram I guess.

I returned out for an incredible 2 and am happy I did. The verizon employee said I was crazy. The extra ram in this thing makes it a multitasking beast though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    kingsway8605 - I'm thinking of returning for an Inc2 as well. Just wish it wasn't a 4" screen. Does it seem much smaller? I haven't had one in hand yet. My phone is only 2 days old so I can def. return.

BTW, Here's a youtube video I posted that shows the issue. h t t p://youtu.be/F6ojmzPuOJQ (remove spaces from " h t t p"). Note at the 2:03 mark when I launch "Browser" the music stutters and also at 2:42 when I launch "Manage Applications" . Other little sound glitches are present when locking the screen. This is a bare bones stock, unrooted, OTA Gingerbread with no apps installed from the market whatsoever
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    samsung fascinate
    Apparently, increasing the vm heap size is a remedy for the stutter, but you have to be rooted of course.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X2,Bionic
    Before i rooted i had a issue of my ringtones stuttering after uppin to the pre rooted gb i now have no issues with music. Ringtones are fine and all audio whether on my sd card, pandora or tinyshark has no more problems whatsoever

Sent from the other me
    The Watcher
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I might go back to my rooted Froyo because I never had an issue with that and the music stuttering. Now even with the rooted Gingerbread, I get a lot of stuttering and it's frustrating. I used to be able to play my pocket legends or browse without any issues and now it's just constantly stuttering, I was so close to throwing this phone against the wall yesterday..haha.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Official Response from Verizon.

“This happens on my phone too which is running Gingerbread. This is a known issue with Gingerbread. There’s a software update in the works to fix this.”

I explained that my Droid X did not have this problem nor did the Incredible that I had been using for the past few weeks. They said “that’s because the Incredible is running froyo.”

I asked why I was not told that there was an audio playback issue with the phone they sold it to me 2 days ago and they said it’s because “Gingerbread just came out.”

Finally I asked them to replace my phone which was 2 days old and defective and they said “there was nothing they could do for me because there is a software update in the works and any replacement phone will also be running Gingerbread and have the same issues”

They recommended I flash back to froyo which does not have the issue. I know for fact this is not true because I did do a full SBF back to froyo using the official Verizon signed SBF file and still had the issue.

So, this leaves a lot of unanswered questions:

How come if there is a software update in the works has there been no real acknowledgement that there’s an issue from Verizon or Motorola?

If this affects all Gingerbread phones how come there are so many users saying they do not have any issues with audio playback on their devices?

Has anyone else addressed Verizon directly about this issue and gotten a similar response?

You would think a software update to patch a known issue with audio playback on the Droid X2 would be fairly big news.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2
    slacka, that makes no sense at all. This issue was very well documented at least on these forums long before GB came out. I'm surprised that a Verizon employee would give you such a line of BS. Actually, I guess I'm not surprised.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX2 beta tester (apparently)
    Quote Originally Posted by garywojdan81 View Post
    Apparently, increasing the vm heap size is a remedy for the stutter, but you have to be rooted of course.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    Could you point to some sources please? If you are ultimately talking about supercharging, I can assure you, it is not.

I am so sick of hearing "If you just root your phone and blah blah blah". Seriously, screw that. First off, I shouldn't HAVE to root the damn thing to get it to function as designed and secondly, I have tried it ALL! I have seen some temporary improvement with rooting, but by the end of a second day of listening to music, the old problems crop up again.

Now that I have tried GB and still no resolution, I'll explore the next set of options. It will not involve another Motorola product. The real shame about this was I loved my X, even though I warrantied my first one for phantom button pushes (my second one was rock solid and is still in service with my wife). I wanted to like the X2, I really really wanted to. I want to support an American company like Motorola, but not when they pull this crap.

And I like this thread where we can all go and be outcasts for being haters.

I hate. I hate HARD.

//there, I said it. and yes, it was somewhat cathartic.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX2 beta tester (apparently)
    Quote Originally Posted by slacka View Post
    How come if there is a software update in the works has there been no real acknowledgement that there’s an issue from Verizon or Motorola?

If this affects all Gingerbread phones how come there are so many users saying they do not have any issues with audio playback on their devices?

You would think a software update to patch a known issue with audio playback on the Droid X2 would be fairly big news.
    Thanks for the vid, it demos exactly what I see on my system. Yes, it happened with Froyo. Yes, it happened after rooting/supercharging/freezing bloat/etc. Yes, it happens after the official GB OTA update.

The VZW rep is probably just reading from a script and has no clue. Call back and talk to someone else.

Why this isn't bigger news, I have no idea. The overheating issue got some media, and when the X2 first came out one or two reviews mentioned the video stutters, but there have been crickets in the media over this issue. I think the fact of the matter is, sites that are reviewing phones really do not much more than open up the box, fire it up, spend an hour or so screwing with it, then cut and paste off the press release. They don't use them as their primary phone for a week or so before they write their review. If they did, maybe this issue would have surfaced earlier.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links