DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photo Gallery and X2

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I fixed the "facebook photos in the Gallery" problem first by removing my facebook account from the Social Networking app. The trouble is, the only really useful part of having an account in the Social Networking app is sync'ing your facebook contacts with your phone contacts - which I happen to like. The Social Networking app account provides content for other things too (i.e. Gallery, the widget, etc.). My final solution was to remove the Gallery (rooted) then install Quickpics. Problem solved. MotoBlur apps really do suck.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2
    Thanks that really helped me out on that annoying issue.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Ok, I figured out how to fix it.

1. Click the button on the bottom right corner that takes you to the screen with all your apps.
    2. scroll down and find the "social networking" app. click on it and it should open.
    3. Once it opens, hit the menu button on your phone (the one that looks like 4 squares).
    4. it should bring up 3 options at the bottom of the screen. click on the "manage accounts" option that appears furthest to the right.
    5. it should bring up a screen with all your emails, photbucket, facebook, etc. click on facebook and click remove account.
    6. exit out and go to your gallery. it should show some of your pictures like they are thrown into a pile.

This worked for me. Much better than the annoying facebook pictures the gallery used to show.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2

Solution

1. Click the button on the bottom right corner that takes you to the screen with all your apps.
    2. scroll down and find the "social networking" app. click on it and it should open.
    3. Once it opens, hit the menu button on your phone (the one that looks like 4 squares).
    4. it should bring up 3 options at the bottom of the screen. click on the "manage accounts" option that appears furthest to the right.
    5. it should bring up a screen with all your emails, photbucket, facebook, etc. click on facebook and click remove account.
    6. exit out and go to your gallery. it should show some of your pictures like they are thrown into a pile.

This worked for me. Much better than the annoying facebook pictures the gallery used to show.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    ziggswife
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by swtsxy15 View Post

Thank you ever so much, this took care of the data issue!!! Yippee!!!!!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR M
    Thank you for the helpful tip.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Great thanks, the new Gallery is so much faster than the old one. Now the only problem I have is, I have so many pictures that showing them by date isn't that helpful. All my old directories don't show up with the new gallery.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links