DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Droid X2=Fail, DX1 better than DX2?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2
    My DROID x 2 is really starting to piss me off and Verizon service as well. I moved to a location that has 7 cellphone towers in a 6 miles radius of where I live and two of them is under a 1.5 mile radius and yet I fight to have 3g and 2 bars of signal strength that's a joke. And I keep on losing touch screen ability and the only way to fix that is to pull the battery. Not to mention my playlists wipe out all my songs everyone once in a while. I owned this phone for.not even a month and im starting to really hate it. I have no real issues with the screen my anime looks beautiful with it but anything else this phone needs work. $200 dissapointment.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sammy Slll
    Wow!not impressed at all. Coming from rooted and romed overclocked x1 the x2 is a huge disappointment. Not sure what i was expecting, but i got the same phone i had.
    Its rooted, bloat froze and all the tweeks out right now and i cant tell the difference.
    Never time to do it right, Always time to do it over
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by oakvad View Post
    Wow!not impressed at all. Coming from rooted and romed overclocked x1 the x2 is a huge disappointment. Not sure what i was expecting, but i got the same phone i had.
    Its rooted, bloat froze and all the tweeks out right now and i cant tell the difference.
    I can't believe that if u owned a x u would even buy a x2 its almost the same phone but the x has had time to work the kinks out.... The x2 was put out for every1 due for a upgrade. and to satisfy all the dummys who think that duel core is the greatest thing ever seriously how long do u think MOTO was in R&D with this phone they even used the same case.. you guys should of waited just a little longer

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sammy Slll
    Quote Originally Posted by kparks View Post
    I can't believe that if u owned a x u would even buy a x2 its almost the same phone but the x has had time to work the kinks out.... The x2 was put out for every1 due for a upgrade. and to satisfy all the dummys who think that duel core is the greatest thing ever seriously how long do u think MOTO was in R&D with this phone they even used the same case.. you guys should of waited just a little longer

Ah yes i agree 100% but i did not use my upgrade. Paid a little cash and a trade on craigslist or i never would have got this garbage! I also think the dual core is all hype and the bionic ive been waiting for so long is also gonna be a huge let down.
    Just a wild observation.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    barski_x
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

I went through my fair share of Droid X's and Verizon gave me a pick of 3G phones to replace my Droid X for free. Since the Droid X2 came out a week or 2 before I decided to get it as a free replacement. After i recieved it, i was greatly dissapointed like many others and went out to buy a Droid X again. Doing the supercharger and renaming bloat did make it more bearable, now im sick of the slowness again and am back to the droid x.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3

Ah yes i agree 100% but i did not use my upgrade. Paid a little cash and a trade on craigslist or i never would have got this garbage! I also think the dual core is all hype and the bionic ive been waiting for so long is also gonna be a huge let down.
    Just a wild observation.
    when ever there is a ton of hype there will be a let down i dont care what we are talking about the BIONIC could never live up to the hype that was put on it and the TBOLT suffered the same fate.. i hope the ppl that buy it love it but its not for me after seeing the X2 struggle and im not liking the screens on them. my hopes are way down and im happy with my bolt.. if u still got ur upgrade i would hold out till the end of the year HTC will have there duel core out if the bionic is not up your ally. i dont see duel core being important till next year anyway and no need to rush not really anything mind blowing thats a must have on verizon anyway X or X2 should hold u over anything u get now wont be much of a upgrade in my eyes
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sammy Slll

Just a wild observation.
    when ever there is a ton of hype there will be a let down i dont care what we are talking about the BIONIC could never live up to the hype that was put on it and the TBOLT suffered the same fate.. i hope the ppl that buy it love it but its not for me after seeing

the X2 struggle and im not liking the screens on them. my hopes are way down and im happy with my bolt.. if u still got ur upgrade i would hold out till the end of the year HTC will have there duel core out if the bionic is not up your ally. i dont see duel core being important till next year anyway and no need to rush not really anything mind blowing thats a must have on verizon anyway X or X2 should hold u over anything u get now wont be much of a upgrade in my eyes
    I totally agree with that's why i haven't used my upgrad, absolutely nothing out that is any better than my dx1. After seeing what a let down dual core is i def am gonna pass on the bionic and even wait to get a phone i like till after its rooted. All this bloat ware they r throwing on these phones is just killing them.
    Leave it to corp. To think about the all mighty dollar. Any extra they can suck out of us
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    My x2 has zero issues and it's screaming. Get better benches than my friends GB tbolt @ 1.8ghz 8). Dual core does make a difference, but we have yet to reap the full benefits of the extra core just yet. Froyo only utilizes the second core at system level only. Once GB hits this phone, the true power of the Tegra 2 can shine through. But srlsy atm even before v6 I have had NO lag of any kind on my x2.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sammy Slll
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    My x2 has zero issues and it's screaming. Get better benches than my friends GB tbolt @ 1.8ghz 8). Dual core does make a difference, but we have yet to reap the full benefits of the extra core just yet. Froyo only utilizes the second core at system level only. Once GB hits this phone, the true power of the Tegra 2 can shine through. But srlsy atm even before v6 I have had NO lag of any kind on my x2.
    Oh ya my bench is around 2800, still slow and lags
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    barski_x
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I found the solution to the Droid X2. Go Launcher with Advanced Task Killer....yes i said it, im recommending advanced task killer for the droid x2. Ik, the android os is supposed to be good at managing apps but this does the trick.

Its much much better with the ATK and go launcher. 206 free mem. now its smooth. still going to use the Droid X with liberty 0.9...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links