DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid X2 or 4G?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Note 2

Droid X2 or 4G?

I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and was thinking 4G but have read a bunch of horror stories about the 4G not working well, often more poorly than a 3G phone, so I'm thinking the X2 may be a better idea.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    droidxethan
    Phone
    droidx
    No don't be silly get a 4g phone so u can keep the unlimited plan verizon is starting tiered data on 7/7 u can always use 3g if the 4g network goes down

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    sent from some phone called the droidx?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @_johngi
    Phone
    Droid Razr -Rooted ICS leak-
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB415 View Post
    I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and was thinking 4G but have read a bunch of horror stories about the 4G not working well, often more poorly than a 3G phone, so I'm thinking the X2 may be a better idea.
    IMO, i would get a 4g phone if its available or will be available soon, locally im doing a deal with someone to buy their x2 for 200
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID SX2
    It honestly depends, what will you use your phone for? For me I think 4G is as gimmicky as the Wii is. Are people really that impatient? My 3G speeds are fine here.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite49 View Post
    It honestly depends, what will you use your phone for? For me I think 4G is as gimmicky as the Wii is. Are people really that impatient? My 3G speeds are fine here.
    +1

If you think about it, almost every public place you go to now (schools, airports, coffee shops, your house (assumingly)) has wifi. Remember to save all the profiles everywhere you go and your phone will automatcally switch to it. Plus, 4G is a battery killer compared to wifi/3g.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    +2. Buy a phone for the phone, not the data speed. There are also the rumors that you'll be able to upgrade later and keep your unlimited plan, as long as you have any smartphone plan prior to tiered data going into effect. (I hope this is true).
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    srvctec
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    +3 Love my DX2 I got a week ago. Also, another thing to think about that I read on another forum somewhere is that once 4G gets more popular and more people use it, 3G will be freed up so speeds on it will be even faster. I really see no need for 4G unless you're going to be watching YouTube 24/7 while downloading music, surfing the web and talking on the phone while texting.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BODHl
    Phone
    Rooted Droid X2
    Ad one more to the list! (+4) I have yet to find anything (so far) that I need more speed for downloading.
    Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me.

~ Ski-U-Ma! ~
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROOOOID 3
    If I were you, leave VZ and go to Sprint.
    I really want to do that right now.
    I have nothing against VZ, but they seem to be falling behind. Phone wise that is, since nothing compares to VZ's 3G and 4G

The EVO3D makes me drool.
    But my Droid X will do for now, running fast as always.
    HTC Incredible>Droid2>DroidX>HTC Thunderbolt>Back to Droid X>Droid 3>Prime?

Sent from either my Droid 3 using DroidForums or my laptop using Chrome.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by droidxethan View Post
    No don't be silly get a 4g phone so u can keep the unlimited plan verizon is starting tiered data on 7/7 u can always use 3g if the 4g network goes down

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Some sites are suggesting there are no longer going to be any "4g" "3g" plans. As long as you had an unlimited data plan you can switch to a 4g device after july and still be fine. New customers are getting the shaft however..

Edit: To above post.. Evo 3D is overrated.
    Last edited by Zetsumei; 06-30-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).

Links