DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To all the naysayers and haters of the DX2...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GNex
    I think it depends which phone u came from and what you use the phone for. I came from a D2G and my main concern in switching to X2 was that I wanted a 4.3 screen so I could read emails, rss, etc better and also had no real use for the key pad. I love my dx2 even though there is a lot of negs reviews here. I rooted it, froze the blur apps, supercharged, and added a launcher. Cool enough.
    -D2G
    -DX2
    -GNex on Android Revolution HD 2.1.2
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    ^So true. depending what phone you had before, you will definitely think the Droid X2 is the best phone out.

Quote Originally Posted by JriderG View Post
    Not hating, but where's the lte and front camera. Too late in the game not to have these imho. I'm sure great phone besides these little nuances.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Lets look at it like this....I got a Droid 1. I barely used the slide out keyboard. The keyboard is more functional than a FFC to me. Now, I dont think I will ever get a phone with a slide out keyboard again. Do I feel every phone after the Droid 1 shouldnt have a slide out keyboard, that its a waste of space? No. If I feel that way about a slide out keyboard....a FFC isnt a end all be all feature to make a phone a great device.

LTE is a lil different. It makes web browsing and streaming much better. But, I didnt really do the streaming thing until late last year. I used to use my web alot, even had Tapatalk and similar apps for reading forums on my phone. Now, I dont really have time to do any of that when not at home. For real, until LTE can be used for voice...the only ppl seeing benefits of LTE are heavy web users and heavy streaming ppl, if GPS can take advantage of LTE then that too. It would be nice for the occasional time I do use the web to have things loaded alot quicker and the browsing be alot better. For me, LTE is a lil bit more of a want than a FFC.

I didnt get a dual core PC until 2008, been getting my own PC's since 1999. And I'm still on that dual core PC. No hardware upgrades since getting it. I didnt really need quad core back then and it wasnt benefiting me until I saw the improvements of it this year. So I may get a quad core PC this year or next year. Why did it take me so long to get a dual core PC? I started using my PC differently in 2007 and needed an upgrade.

Depending on wants n needs.....the Droid X 2 is a great phone....or it isnt enough of a phone....For real, if one of these new phones dont give my the same reception or better as my Droid X1...I may be rocking that for a long time....if the DX 2 matches or does better and some other phone with a FFC and LTE doesnt....DX2 it is for me.
    Last edited by jroc; 06-16-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Not hating, but where's the lte and front camera. Too late in the game not to have these imho. I'm sure great phone besides these little nuances.

There are several other subforums where devices with the coveted LTE and FFC can be discussed.
    Last edited by MrWilliams; 06-16-2011 at 02:12 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    I can appreciate that you'd prefer to keep negativity out of the forum, but to confront other posters so aggressively strikes me as counterproductive.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid of course
    Quote Originally Posted by doniago View Post
    I can appreciate that you'd prefer to keep negativity out of the forum, but to confront other posters so aggressively strikes me as counterproductive.
    I disagree, it's about time we stop being "PC" and start putting stupid whinny people in their place.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    While I agree with the OP that the X2 is getting a bad rep, keep in mind as someone else mentioned previously that is the nature of the beast.

It happens with every upgrade, and every new phone release. I even was swayed by all the negativity about the Thunderbolt until my wife got one.

People will complain more then praise. One person loves it, he tells two people. Someone doesn't like it, otherwise known as user error, he gets on the internet and complain about it.

Please keep the tone of the thread down. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Commodore 64 screens went out in the late 80s I think.
    X2 is bringing them back.
    Seriously who can look at that screen without laughing.
    Bet pong looks awesome on it though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    D2: Apex 2.0.0 (give me back my green notification light!!!)
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devinhfox View Post
    Commodore 64 screens went out in the late 80s I think.
    X2 is bringing them back.
    Seriously who can look at that screen without laughing.
    Bet pong looks awesome on it though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    The thousands of people who own one, apparently. The OP made comment on that.

I'm sure you read the previous posts before commenting.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2

1. 4G/Lte is not ready for prime time and sucks battery like a black hole.

2. Who wants a freaking FFC? I mean really I who uses them?
    Personally I would put a bit of electrical tape over mine if I had one that is.

Of course I get your point, it's like going backwards. Like any processor slower than 1 Ghz or less that 500 GB of RAM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2

The LTE is overrated, it was nice at times but ate your battery like none other. At times and this was experiences numerous times in the month + I had the TB in where the 4G would just be slower than 3G, which is just sad. 3G is still fine, yes in the next 2 years I'm pretty sure no more 3G devices will be sold. It's understandable that Verizon's 4G LTE network is still in it's infancy stages, and will take time to perfect. I'm hoping for better speeds from the 4G imo 5-12 mbps down is pretty weak. Considering ITU requirements are : "Peak data rates of up to approximately 100 Mbit/s for high mobility such as mobile access and up to approximately 1 Gbit/s for low mobility such as nomadic/local wireless access, according to the ITU requirements."

Hopefully in the next 2-3 years we will see such speeds with Verizon's "4G" LTE. Front facing camera is just a vanity item imo, and not necessary.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links