DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I switch from my HTC Thunderbolt?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Should I switch from my HTC Thunderbolt?

I posted this same topic in the Droid Charge forum, I hope nobody minds but im also considering an X2.

Ive had the Thunderbolt since day one and I absolutely hate it. I dont feel like listing all my grievances about the phone, but lets just say if someone listed out every problem anyone's ever had with it, ever, my answer would be 'all of the above', with a heavy heavy emphasis on battery life (3.5 hours) Im on the phone with verizon nearly every single week now, and every week im told to just factory reset the phone, which has been done so many times that ive actually stopped installing apps and customizing this that im just gonna have to do next week anyway, Ive also gone through 2 of these already as well. So anyway, apparently verizon might FINALLY, give me a new phone, and im wondering if this one is worth it. Everything ive read on it makes it sound so great, but then again if you look up a review of the Thunderbolt you get the same bs. I hate the idea of going to an older model verizon phone, just because im ocd about having the latest technology and this is my first verizon phone, Id feel a bit cheated. So what do you guys think so far?

Also I want to point out that I care nothing for 4G, im in a 4G area maybe twice a month, and IMO 3G seems to work faster.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Get an inc2

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    D2: Apex 2.0.0 (give me back my green notification light!!!)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    If you don't care about 4g, i think the x2 is the best phone on the market. Forums are going to have more hatred than praise for phones, but this phone is great. It's fast and the battery life is great. 50% battery life left and I had Pandora on for about an hour today.
    Last edited by p1ngputts; 06-15-2011 at 04:10 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Not the X2, the pentile qHD screen is the worst thing ever, it's nothing but pixels and problems. I say if you can wait theres some nice phones coming out, the Droid 3 and Bionic, and others

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  6. tc3
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I'm switching as soon as my new phone gets here. On my 4th thunderbolt and all have the same ridiculous problems.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1
    I have an X2, it's ok at best. It's easily rooted but with a locked bootloader I regret not getting a Samsung or LG. I will never get another Moto device as long as they continue to lock up the device. The X2 it quick and battery life is better than the thunderbolt but not great by any means. The screen is pretty crappy and gets filthy and blurry quite easily. It is a pretty snappy phone though! The dual core processors rock. In the end I would wait as long as you can for a new phone and avoid the Moto X2!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I have a rooted x2 and it blew the OC thunderbolt that I had. You'll see say it's laggy etc, but that isn't true in the slightest. I'm a pretty heavy power user and demand alot from my phone and haven't been disappointed once. The display is crisp and sharp, just people QQing about the pentile display. It's a very bright display and there are no viewing issues outdoors. I'm pretty sure people that complain about pentile are also the ones complaining about ANYTHING that isn't AMOLED and above. Also there have been a few announcements that moto will no longer release devices with locked boot loaders. Also they will work on unlocking current devices as well. IF this is true it is a welcome change for sure.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by p1ngputts View Post
    If you don't care about 4g, i think the x2 is the best phone on the market. Forums are going to have more hatred than praise for phones, but this phone is great. It's fast and the battery life is great. 50% battery life left and I had Pandora on for about an hour today.
    I agree. It ain't no Thunderbolt, but it gets the job done. I've had Pandora running for 2 hr and I still had around 80%.. not to mention my network kept going in and out. (Not because of the phone, I was driving through valleys and mountains )
    One thing 127 Hours has taught me; Never forget the Swiss Army Knife, leave the "Cheap Made in China multi-tool" home.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

But I thought the droid 3 was going to have a pentile display.

Quote Originally Posted by warped1987 View Post
    Not the X2, the pentile qHD screen is the worst thing ever, it's nothing but pixels and problems. I say if you can wait theres some nice phones coming out, the Droid 3 and Bionic, and others

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    You don't like pentile yet you say wait for droid 3...huh?
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Charge
    Charge > X2 in my opinion. And I've used both phones. Wasn't at all thrilled with the X2
    Current: Galaxy Nexus
    Retired
    DROID Charge
    DROID X2
    D1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links