DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seriously considering going back to 'regular' x

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

seriously considering going back to 'regular' x

i replaced my broken x with this x2. very unhappy with it. i thought it would have to be better, especially with dual core. this thing is considerably slower and laggy compared to my x. games are painfully slow and very laggy whereas they worked perfectly on the x. i average at least 1 battery pull a day after locking up. never an issue with the x. even watching vids i've taken is a mess, very sluggish and choppy sometimes, other times not. not happy with this phone at all.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by mumfrey View Post
    i replaced my broken x with this x2. very unhappy with it. i thought it would have to be better, especially with dual core. this thing is considerably slower and laggy compared to my x. games are painfully slow and very laggy whereas they worked perfectly on the x. i average at least 1 battery pull a day after locking up. never an issue with the x. even watching vids i've taken is a mess, very sluggish and choppy sometimes, other times not. not happy with this phone at all.

I returned my x2 for an incredible2. The Verizon rep looked at me like i was insane. We have become obsessed with CPUs, software and ram matter too.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    If you don't like the phone, take it back.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    My stock rooted X2 runs circles around my friends X that has a custom ROM + OC. There is more than enough RAM on the X2 I have 100-160 ish free at all times with everything installed. The only thing bogging this phone down right now is the crappy blur. But there have been some articles stating that Moto is releasing devices with no more locked bootloaders, and they are working to unlock current devices. If that is true hello AOSP pznerd.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    My stock rooted X2 runs circles around my friends X that has a custom ROM + OC. There is more than enough RAM on the X2 I have 100-160 ish free at all times with everything installed. The only thing bogging this phone down right now is the crappy blur. But there have been some articles stating that Moto is releasing devices with no more locked bootloaders, and they are working to unlock current devices. If that is true hello AOSP pznerd.
    How can you have so much free ram? i had so little,the phone wasnt able to even get a text while playing music without skipping...I returned my X2,I dont think it has the 1/2GB or ram its supposed to,I had numerous issues with mine,including constant freezing,laggy performance,charge indicator that didnt work while charging....skipping,popping music player.The phone would overheat for no reason,I even uninstalled flash,hoping it would help,and it didnt.Navigation wasnt reliable,it ran me in circles 3x in 5 days,never figured out why.Terrible gallery,couldnt take HD videos without cutting out or freezing,video playback was terrible,screen color issues,many colors didnt even show up.I did 4 factory resets in 13 days,the only way the phone ran somewhat fast was with only 3-4 apps loaded,(you know in addition to the 20+ verizon shoved down our throats,that I dont want).My HDMI mirror function didnt work,the phone would freeze ,requiring a battery pull within 30 seconds of using HDMI mirror....I wish Moto had fixed the phone before releasing it...I compared it side by side to my X running rubix 2.0 blurry,OC to 1.1GHZ,the X was faster in every area,exc with web browsing on wifi,and taking pictures,the x2 was faster,however the quality was much worse than the X.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Dodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    How can you have so much free ram? i had so little,the phone wasnt able to even get a text while playing music without skipping...I returned my X2,I dont think it has the 1/2GB or ram its supposed to,I had numerous issues with mine,including constant freezing,laggy performance,charge indicator that didnt work while charging....skipping,popping music player.The phone would overheat for no reason,I even uninstalled flash,hoping it would help,and it didnt.Navigation wasnt reliable,it ran me in circles 3x in 5 days,never figured out why.Terrible gallery,couldnt take HD videos without cutting out or freezing,video playback was terrible,screen color issues,many colors didnt even show up.I did 4 factory resets in 13 days,the only way the phone ran somewhat fast was with only 3-4 apps loaded,(you know in addition to the 20+ verizon shoved down our throats,that I dont want).My HDMI mirror function didnt work,the phone would freeze ,requiring a battery pull within 30 seconds of using HDMI mirror....I wish Moto had fixed the phone before releasing it...I compared it side by side to my X running rubix 2.0 blurry,OC to 1.1GHZ,the X was faster in every area,exc with web browsing on wifi,and taking pictures,the x2 was faster,however the quality was much worse than the X.

Root the X2 and run the v6 Super Charger script with the following values: 6/12/75/125/150/175. I pretty much have 100+ MB of RAM free at all times, highest I've seen 160 +.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I did the same with V6 supercharger and have had the same experience. I don't think I've seen mine with less than 100MB of available RAM since.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    ok, this is no longer a consideration. the x2 is going back to vzn first thing in the morning. i've given this thing more than enough time to make an impression on me and the impression is anything but good. up to at least 2 battery pulls a day now due to freezing. horrible lag time for games and choppy video. now it won't hold a solid 3g connection. constantly jumping between 3g and 1x, with almost half the time in 1x. these are the same exact places that my x would never falter from 3g. also have noticed that the battery lasts a fraction of what the x would. i appreciate everyones suggestions of tuning this but i can't see jumping tbrough hoops and downloading multiple apps to get this to function as it should out of the box. hoping vzn still has a new x available when i unload this worthless brick tomorrow.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Sounds like you could have a faulty unit.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    i'm starting to believe so. just now i unplugged it from the charger and it still thinks it's charging. so done with this thing. i'm still afraid to just replace it with another x2. still think i'm going to attempt to get another x.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links