DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Is this normal? Anyone not having this problem?

  1. Junior Droid
    kilogic's Avatar
    Member #
    185552
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Is this normal? Anyone not having this problem?

    I've found a couple things that i want to see if they are all X2's or just mine:

    1. Bang Bang Racing - I got the demo but it just sits on the splash screen forever, only to then sit on the next flash screen forever. I've never gotten the main menu to show up. Is this just me?

    2. Sound (music, streaming, games) - I've noticed the sound hitch up quite a few times. Sometimes the sound hitches even when i'm just streaming music and not even touching the phone. I hope all the other hardware aside from the tegra chip isnt cheap, hopefully this will be fixed by firmware/software later. Anyone else have this happen to them?

    3. Plants vs Zombies - It runs the battery a little hot after two rounds followed by the game stopping abruptly, going to a loading screen, then returning paused. I was thinking this may be normal but my brother's TB has never had this problem. Anyone else?

    Please chime in to discuss but let me know if you've had the same experience or not. Overall I've been very lukewarm on this phone. Being tied to 2 years is killing me, but coming from an OG i'm feeling mostly good about the commitment.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    JohnnytheK's Avatar
    Member #
    99673
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,342
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #2
    I can only help you on #2. I don't have any problem with music skipping or pops. Last night I was listening to an audible book and opened the music player and started a song. Both played over my bluetooth head piece at the same time. Later I played with Slacker and Sirius/XM radio. Slacker played perfectly but there were a few pauses pops with Sirius/XM. Kinda sad I've had a Sirius radio for years but Slacker for free seems much better, (except for Howard Stern that is)
  4. Master Droid
    Zetsumei's Avatar
    Member #
    54981
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cross Fiyahhhhhhh!
    Posts
    342
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #3
    Negative to all 3. All I can say is if you have a task killer of any type dump it now. They do more harm than good.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  5. Master Droid
    kingsway8605's Avatar
    Member #
    79936
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    478
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Number 2 a lot of people are experiencing. We think it is related to RAM. After all the blur and bloat, the x2 barely has more ram than the d1

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kingsway8605; 06-09-2011 at 07:01 AM.
  6. Droid
    SPG900NY's Avatar
    Member #
    1004
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    48
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kilogic View Post
    2. Sound (music, streaming, games) - I've noticed the sound hitch up quite a few times. Sometimes the sound hitches even when i'm just streaming music and not even touching the phone. I hope all the other hardware aside from the tegra chip isnt cheap, hopefully this will be fixed by firmware/software later. Anyone else have this happen to them?
    ALL the TIME!!!

    Also, there's a horrible CLICK or POP every time the audio channel opens or closes. That means when starting a call, ending a call, starting music in the music app. Rhapsody is unlistenable because it might take a few seconds for a song to buffer. In that time, the audio channel cuts out, then clicks back on.

    It's killing the speakers in my car. I have to ride the volume to prevent the speakers from blowing out. Motorola REALLY needs to fix this!!!
    Last edited by hookbill; 06-10-2011 at 03:56 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    myriad46's Avatar
    Member #
    8076
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    #6
    The Plant's vs Zombies thing happened to me a bunch a few days ago, but I just played 3 rounds in a row at lunch today and nothing. Intermitent bug on the games' part I would imagine. It's a first edition. Try rebooting for now, but I would expect a bug fixing update soon for Android.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  8. Droid Ninja
    JohnnytheK's Avatar
    Member #
    99673
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,342
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    Number 2 a lot of people are experiencing. We think it is related to RAM. After all the blur and bloat, the x2 barely has more ram than the d1

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Huh? After all the apps I've installed I've still got 2.5 GB free with 1.3 GB of it is for app storage. Is this not RAM?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  9. Master Droid
    kingsway8605's Avatar
    Member #
    79936
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    478
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    Number 2 a lot of people are experiencing. We think it is related to RAM. After all the blur and bloat, the x2 barely has more ram than the d1

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Huh? After all the apps I've installed I've still got 2.5 GB free with 1.3 GB of it is for app storage. Is this not RAM?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    No. You are talking about flash memory. I am talking about RAM (random access memory). RAM is just as important as processing speed. The term in the industry is called "bottlenecking." Usually bottlenecking happens because of a slow hard drive, but in this case it is happening because of insufficient RAM. Dual core processors and high end graphics cards require higher RAM. The tablets that use dual core have 1gb of RAM. The X2 only has 512mb of RAM. A fast processor is useless if the phone can't remember what it just "processed."

    If you have ever seen the movie "Momento" it is kind of like that. If you haven't seen Momento, watch it now!!!! I am sure it is available on the blockbuster app you can't uninstall.
  10. Master Droid
    Zetsumei's Avatar
    Member #
    54981
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cross Fiyahhhhhhh!
    Posts
    342
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    Number 2 a lot of people are experiencing. We think it is related to RAM. After all the blur and bloat, the x2 barely has more ram than the d1

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Huh? After all the apps I've installed I've still got 2.5 GB free with 1.3 GB of it is for app storage. Is this not RAM?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    No. You are talking about flash memory. I am talking about RAM (random access memory). RAM is just as important as processing speed. The term in the industry is called "bottlenecking." Usually bottlenecking happens because of a slow hard drive, but in this case it is happening because of insufficient RAM. Dual core processors and high end graphics cards require higher RAM. The tablets that use dual core have 1gb of RAM. The X2 only has 512mb of RAM. A fast processor is useless if the phone can't remember what it just "processed."

    If you have ever seen the movie "Momento" it is kind of like that. If you haven't seen Momento, watch it now!!!! I am sure it is available on the blockbuster app you can't uninstall.

    Yeah noooooo. RAM is generally the last issue when it comes to bottle necking. First the thing generally being the CPU not being able to keep up w/ GPU's etc. Honestly the hardware in this phone is fine, and will be for 1-2 years etc. The issue here is the craptacular wonder we know as Blur. Pznerd. But tbh I have zero speed issues w/ X2 and its loaded w/ widgets etc.
    Dat device history: Droid 1 , Droid 2 , Thunderbolt , Droid Charge, Droid x2 (current).
  11. Junior Droid
    kilogic's Avatar
    Member #
    185552
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Thanks for the replies. I buy the ram thing cause the dual core cpu shouldnt be a bottleneck if its actually being used. it sounds like its not my phone though. Anyone try Bang Racing?

    Is it much better freezing bloatware? Im trying to hold out rooting for gingerbread but can't stand some of these quirks.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. problem recieving jpegs using normal mail program on Droid
    By n813ca in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 10:45 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 02:53 PM
  3. Problem with Normal/Silent Mode Settings
    By stevee in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
  4. Droid earpiece static. Normal or problem?
    By zenit in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 05:35 PM
  5. Is this normal?
    By trevntx in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 07:22 AM

Search tags for this page

apps on droid x2 taking up way more memory than usual

,
bang bang racing droid x2
,

plants vs zombies android problem

,

plants vs zombies android problems

,

plants vs zombies droid x2

,
plants vs zombies droid x2 problems
,
plants vs zombies music glitch
,
plants vs zombies not working on droid x2
,
plants vs zombies problem droid x2
,
sirius app for droidx2
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+