DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Underwhelmed by my X2

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX

Underwhelmed by my X2

I received a free upgrade to the X2 from my X and I am totally underwhelmed. I have rooted, frozen bloatware and just can't get over how sluggish it is with simple operations.

I am thrilled by the performance with video playback and web browsing, but simple things like unlocking the device, opening up the camera app & snapping a photo, and random dumps from apps back to the home screen are almost unbearable.

What is ultimately frustrating is that my wife just upgraded from an Incredible to an Incredible 2 and the Inc 2 is just an awesome device. It is quick on the things that should be quick (launcher/home screen functions, camera, and unlock) and slightly slower on the things that one would expect it to be (gaming, etc.).

So the moral of the story is, what should I do? I'm considering trading in the X2 for a Thunderbolt due to the ability to have 4G when it comes online in my area and the ability to truly mod the device.

Thanks for any suggestions/comments!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID
    I went from an x1 to the thunderbolt to the x2. I agree, the x2 is too slugish and it's pissing me off. Moto really dropped the ball on this one. The thunderbolt is fast and does what it's supposed to do. The only draw back is the battery and for me at least the gps took way too long to lock on. I got an extended battery for it and it worked great but it made it heavier and took away from the sleek look of it. Also wouldn't fit any assessories..ie car dock, desk dock, any cool cases either. I sold my bolt for $350 and bought the x2 outright. I'm thinking I made a mistake. I gave my wife my old x and with gingerbread it just works better than this x2. I'm hoping our first update will fix things up a bit but I might have to see this thing and go for something else. I just can't understand why this thing is so sluggish. I think it needs more RAM.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Are you using the stock launcher? There are some problems with launchers from the market on the X2.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    I tried using the stock launcher (which I can't stand...I'm LPP for life) and I had the same laggy performance using that as well.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID
    Yeah, I'm using the stock launcher. I've tried everything I could think of. I'm very knowledgeable about rooting, messing with system files and such. I've frozen a lot of apps and even applied the "supercharge" script it's helped some. It seems like it will run fine for a bit then sluggish for a bit.
  7. Zog
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @zog_
    Phone
    DROID X
    Returned my x2 and kept the x. Terrible phone, why not full refund your x2 and buy a TB or DX back? Can you get an x for replacement instead?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Wow this is kind of upsetting I was thinking about getting a x2 once my upgrade comes but now I'll just stick with my x

Sent from my ZombieStomped DROIDX
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    It seems that anyone coming from an og loves this phone and anyone coming from an x hates it.

At least to me compared to my og , the x2 is fast as lightning

Sent from my DROID X2
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    It may also have to do with individual phones being buggy. Maybe just try and get a replacement at least once?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by kookk View Post
    It seems that anyone coming from an og loves this phone and anyone coming from an x hates it.

At least to me compared to my og , the x2 is fast as lightning

Sent from my DROID X2
    I would agree with that statement as I came from the OG Droid and love the x2.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Links