DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Music App Lag

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    The MP3 skips and pops are the same if in the internal or external and is mainly due to the low operational ram the device has.

The mapping is not a glitch. Internal was mapped as sdcard and external as media storage. This set-up would be GREAT if the sdcards were hotswappable, since no worry about apps crashing when pulling the card. Sadly, it is not, so no point in mapping the internal as the sdcard.
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic
    I have been through hell and back with music on the external card. It never gave me issues if it was stored on the internal card.

Verizon sent me a replacement card and I recieved it Monday. Not only does the music play just fine I can record video to the card while I am listening to music. I just tried it again before sending off this post to make sure it wasn't a fluke...video is HD and about 20 seconds long.

BTW the original card was a no name class 2. The card they sent me is Sandisk class 4.
    Droid>DroidX>HTC Thunderbolt>CasioCommando>HTCThunderbolt>DroidX2>B ionic
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    troyluchterhand
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    My choppy music problem has been resolved. I simply downloaded and installed a player called PowerAMP. I have no issues with playback with that player. It does cost about 5.00 but there is a free trial. There are a bunch of options and settings in that player that make playback sound incredible. Anyone with playback issues should give PowerAMP a look.

The other problem I was having was stuttering video recording. I found out that if you change the storage location to internal instead of the SD card, the stuttering issues disappear. That resolves the only two issues I had with the phone, and now I'm left with one nice Android device.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tboy72 View Post
    My choppy music problem has been resolved. I simply downloaded and installed a player called PowerAMP. I have no issues with playback with that player. It does cost about 5.00 but there is a free trial. There are a bunch of options and settings in that player that make playback sound incredible. Anyone with playback issues should give PowerAMP a look.

The other problem I was having was stuttering video recording. I found out that if you change the storage location to internal instead of the SD card, the stuttering issues disappear. That resolves the only two issues I had with the phone, and now I'm left with one nice Android device.
    My choppy music issue was resolved too. I just return it for an incredible2 and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2

Wink Droid X2 music lag / skip SOLUTION !!!!!!!

Guys.....

I literally made an account on this site to tell you how to fix this problem. I was having the same problem, and reading all your responses, and I must say some of you guys are complete and total idiots who are over thinking this by a long shot. Talking about how you need to root your phone and install all this ****..... yada yada yada. NO! Micro SD cards have different speed classes (either 2, 4, 6, or 10). The X2 dual core processor is too fast for the crappy class 2 or 4, so go out and buy either a 6 or a 10. BAM! Problem Solved!

Worked perfectly for me

SD Speed Class - SD Association
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by deere_x475guy View Post
    I have been through hell and back with music on the external card. It never gave me issues if it was stored on the internal card.

Verizon sent me a replacement card and I recieved it Monday. Not only does the music play just fine I can record video to the card while I am listening to music. I just tried it again before sending off this post to make sure it wasn't a fluke...video is HD and about 20 seconds long.

BTW the original card was a no name class 2. The card they sent me is Sandisk class 4.
    SMART MAN!!!!! this worked for me as well. for everyone else, this dude is right. sd cards have different speed classes, and for a dual core processor phone, you can't have the cheapest class (which is class 2). Even class 4 might be too slow. Get either a class 6 or class 10.

PEACE OUT
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanTheGiant View Post
    Guys.....

I literally made an account on this site to tell you how to fix this problem. I was having the same problem, and reading all your responses, and I must say some of you guys are complete and total idiots who are over thinking this by a long shot. Talking about how you need to root your phone and install all this ****..... yada yada yada. NO! Micro SD cards have different speed classes (either 2, 4, 6, or 10). The X2 dual core processor is too fast for the crappy class 2 or 4, so go out and buy either a 6 or a 10. BAM! Problem Solved!

Worked perfectly for me

Or root and install SD Speed Increase because the Droid X2 has the wrong parameter setting for the SD card driver by default, like many other settings, oh and it's free. But we're idiots so obviously you know better.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Guys.....

Worked perfectly for me

OK, but explain Amazon and Pandora music playback skipping, since its streamed and has nothing to do with the SD card?

Apex 2.0 Revolution
    -Brad
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    troyluchterhand
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Guys.....

Worked perfectly for me

Hey Eienstien, you think your so smart and no one else thought of that. The first thing I did was get a different class SD card. I'm running a class 10 SD card and it didn't make a bit of difference.

BAM! Problem not solved!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    troyluchterhand
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Indeed, Pandora and Slacker are just as bad.

This phone needs an update extremely bad. Does anyone else get the impression that Motorola shipped this phone out and now seems to have forgotten about it. Are they oblivious to all the complaints their users are stating?

I don't think they really care. Worst 200.00 I ever spent.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links