DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I just came back from the store...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid X

I just came back from the store...

So I just came back from the store and I was testing out the DROID X and I had my DX with me. It's 512 ram memory, the thing I notice that the colors are more darker than my DX but on the DX they're lighter, but texts and colors are solid in the DX. The DX has dots around the texts, especially in black text. When scrolling down on a gradient color background it is not smooth at all. The phone was slow, maybe because it's running on froyo. The only differences are to me is the display resolution and that it is a dual core, and that it has Wifi b/g/n. The colors are more solid on the DX, but lighter and the colors are darker in the dx. The most I would pay for this handset is $200 or less retail price.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    I really wish I could just have the X2's chipset in my X1. I'd be good to go!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid X
    Lol yeah !

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    So are you going to get it? Is it worth swapping out your Droid X for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dAi View Post
    So I just came back from the store and I was testing out the DROID X and I had my DX with me. It's 512 ram memory, the thing I notice that the colors are more darker than my DX but on the DX they're lighter, but texts and colors are solid in the DX. The DX has dots around the texts, especially in black text. When scrolling down on a gradient color background it is not smooth at all. The phone was slow, maybe because it's running on froyo. The only differences are to me is the display resolution and that it is a dual core, and that it has Wifi b/g/n. The colors are more solid on the DX, but lighter and the colors are darker in the dx. The most I would pay for this handset is $200 or less retail price.

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid X
    It's worth getting it but not worth the money for it, ill wait when they go on sale ;P

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    guy at Verizon gave it to me today for 149.99 and waved my early upgrade fee. Took advantage of the accessory bundle as well.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    You just can not, in my experience, trust in-store display phones for much more than confirming weight/size, and basic functionality. Using them to test/compare performance is a total crap shoot due to how poorly they are maintained, and all the crap people do to them while they are on display...

I have played w/X2s in the store that ran anywhere from not so well to like crap, yet my wife's X2 runs great.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    You just can not, in my experience, trust in-store display phones for much more than confirming weight/size, and basic functionality. Using them to test/compare performance is a total crap shoot due to how poorly they are maintained, and all the crap people do to them while they are on display...

I have played w/X2s in the store that ran anywhere from not so well to like crap, yet my wife's X2 runs great.
    Truth. The screen flaws can't be denied, though. That can't be blamed on bloatware.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post

Funny, I always thought differently. I thought that one of the impressive things about the original Droid was how fast it brought up the internet. Then I realized they probably had it set on wifi in the store to make it more impressive.

And as far as what other people do to them in the store, I have read posts by more then one member who rooted and installed custom ROMs on them. That may or may not be a plus.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by p1ngputts View Post
    guy at Verizon gave it to me today for 149.99 and waved my early upgrade fee. Took advantage of the accessory bundle as well.
    I have tried to upgrade early at one verizon store and they wouldn't do anything for me. My upgrade is on July 21. How did you do this?

How early did you upgrade? Are you the main account holder?

And what do you mean my early upgrade fee? I didn't know you could upgrade early for a fee besides for paying full retail.

In my case i'm not the main account and no one else on the account has an upgrade available.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links