I probably would have still held off, but we had a couple upgrades available on our family account and I figured to replace my wife's broken phone was going to be $200 on eBay anyway. She liked the D1, so I gave her mine and took an upgrade.
Wasn't that I didn't like my D1 anymore.
LTE is going to be another two years probably here on Long Island, so I figured hey, this is dual-core, I did like the idea of a bigger screen (though didn't fully realize how different it would be in my hand), so I jumped.
Now that I have the phone, not sure I'd do it again. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but if we hadn't had a broken phone, I think I'd have waited. The D1 is just so hackable, there's so much dev stuff out there for it, and it was still speedy enough for everything I needed.