DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it worth it really?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    There were rumors that the X2 was going to come with GB. My guess is there is a GB build that will be leaked for the X2 pretty soon. I'm on GB on the X1 which means I have the new blur. I'm not real sure there will be a giant difference anyway (stock)?? Maybe a bit more smooth?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Um...I'm not sure how that works but if I sell my Droid X to you, than how will I be able to get a new phone under Verizon? Right now I am still under my 14 day return policy so I would need to have something to return to Verizon in order to get a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dAi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cece5702 View Post
    Seems like right many people are having problems with the X2. Everything from lagging, rebooting, freezing, resetting and not liking the pentile screen display.

Other than the fast processor, is it really worth all that? I'm on my second Droid X. I purchased my first one on April 30th, they sent me a new one (not refurbished) and its working great. Clear sound and videos now. I thought about taking this in for the X2 since I'm under the the 14 day policy return again. After reading about all the bugs with the X2 I think I will stay put with My X. I figure once I get the OTA update, I will be good to go anyway. If I am correct the X will get the update before the X2, so thats a plus I guess.
    Hey ill buy your Dx if you plan to sell it, pm me or email me at andwepray@yahoo.com

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    juhde
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    There were rumors that the X2 was going to come with GB. My guess is there is a GB build that will be leaked for the X2 pretty soon. I'm on GB on the X1 which means I have the new blur. I'm not real sure there will be a giant difference anyway (stock)?? Maybe a bit more smooth?
    The new blur is a tad bit smoother. The best improvements are visual.

A lot more stuff is blue now.

Sent from my DROID X2
    iPhone - You're holding it wrong.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by juhde View Post
    My main gripe is how everyone keeps dissing on it. Maybe right out of the box it's not the best experience in the world but what is? I spent about an hour doing a little bit it's tweaking, freezing bloatware and now hands down its the best phone I've ever had.
    I know what you mean. Why is everyone hating on the new phones?

All i hear is (for all phones): Why doesn't it have GB or why does it cost so much, or why isn't it dual core, orwhy didn't it have another kind of display, why isn't it 4G?
  5. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    juhde
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Premium Member
    @elucid yep, I'm getting sick of it. I guess I'm just trying to do my part by defending the x2. Cest la vie.

Sent from my DROID X2
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    As long as its constructive comparisons.....I see nothing wrong with it. It might help someone in their decision to get a phone, might help them when comparing phones.

Nothing's perfect. Sometime its good to know the possible pros n cons before comparing phones. Like I was almost all set on getting the GS2. No notification light.... Didnt realize how much I relied on it....

So many ppl last year said Amoled was "hands down better, blows LCD away", etc, etc. Looking at the cons of Amoled and LCD last year...I was happy, very happy with the screen on my Droid X.

If you can live with the cons or possible cons of the phone you like, want....thats all that matters. The best phone.....is the phone that has the cons you can live with.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    i got a dx2 this morning to replace my wife's eris. i echo comments in the thread. great phone. too much crapware. blur isn't bad but i still loaded launcher pro. everything works great, no lag, not reboots, no issues. couldn't be happier.

i'm just debating to root now or to wait for the gingerbread update and then root.
  8. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    juhde
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by h_10 View Post
    i got a dx2 this morning to replace my wife's eris. i echo comments in the thread. great phone. too much crapware. blur isn't bad but i still loaded launcher pro. everything works great, no lag, not reboots, no issues. couldn't be happier.

i'm just debating to root now or to wait for the gingerbread update and then root.
    You'll be waiting awhile.

I rooted right away, froze the bloatware.

Also fyi, there is no known root method for gingerbread OTA on the OG DroidX.

Apparently it's been locked down fairly well, the X2 OTA update when it gets here will likely follow suit.

Sent from my DROID X2
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by h_10 View Post

Yea, root it now. That way you can freeze the crapware and get a little more snap out of the phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links