DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I GOT IT !!! I like it alot !!! =)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro

I GOT IT !!! I like it alot !!! =)

I'm on the verge of saying that "I LOVE IT," but still a little too early to get THAT excited yet. Just got it yesterday and have it mostly configured to my previous phone settings. Still learning a few quirks here and there, but got it mostly figured out enough to function. Here are my random thoughts (in no particular order) ......

SIZE - I was surprised that it seems WAY smaller than it looks in pictures and videos. The screen is WAY smaller than my Fascinate, which I expected, but just didn't realize HOW much smaller it would be!! But it's still enough for me. I can enjoy all the same Doid features that I like, but since I don't spend my time playing videos, games, or Angry Birds (*LOL*), it's just fine for me. The font is a little small for the emails, but you can change that setting. I'll get around to it eventually.

SLIPPERY little bugger!! I'll be glad when they come out with my beloved hard-rubberized black cases for this thing!! It's so slippery and smooth and small that I'm constantly afraid of dropping it.

SOUND - Excellent so far. Had to turn DOWN the volume on the ringtones and notifications because the little thing is SO LOUD !! But that's a GOOD thing, I guess. Haven't made any phone calls yet to give a proper judgment, but will report back on that topic after using it awhile.

SCREEN - Decent resolution... at least it's good enough for me and my needs. VERY sensitive and responds super-fast, which is nice. Nice enough space to get what I need on my homescreen. I had enough space for 2 rows of icons and a clock/date/weather widget at the top. Works and displays perfectly. No complaints (except when it keeps changing my location to Buffalo, NY when I live in Central PA !! (Small annoyance, but I fixed it with some refreshing.)

KEYBOARD - Love it so far, but still getting used to a physical keyboard after giving mine up a few months ago. Even though the keys are teeny-tiny, it is amazingly difficult to make a mistake!! They have the sides of each key designed in such a way, that even really large fingers can be pretty accurate on the thing.

CAMERA - It's "ok," but I haven't found ANY Droid camera (other than my hubby's X) to take pictures as good as my BBerry Tour! But this one will suffice. Somewhat grainy and not the clearest, but it will do in a pinch.

Still figuring out some of the quirks and learning as I go. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to post up as I work my way through this little gizmo. But I'm happy to report that I am VERY VERY pleased and satisfied with my purchase and love this phone WAAAAY better than the Droid 2 and the Fascinate! Those phones were nice, but just not for me and didn't fit my needs and preferences. This one is also small enough to fit into my pocket while I'm at work. My Fascinate was just a little too bulky and hard to slip in and out of my pocket.

I'll report more discoveries as I go along.
    FINALLY got my GN2 from slow-poke VZN !!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Starting Day #3 and loving it more and more each day. I'm already typing WAY faster on this keyboard than I was on the D2 and Fascinate. I'm happier and happier with this little gizmo. Will post more as I make more discoveries and learn more treasures.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    That's good to here. Hopefully I like mine as much when it finally comes.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    spydergirl

Glad to hear you are liking your Pro so far....was wondering if you are using corporate (exchange) email...if so, are you having any problems with it?

seems like I've seen quite a few recent complaints about corporate email not syncing properly on the Pro....I'm looking closely at the Pro and absolutely have to have the corporate email working properly...

thanks!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Yes I use my corp exchange email on here and haven't had ANY problems with getting messages smoothly and right away. I'm not sure why others are having probs. I'm completely happy with mine so far.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    I'm probably not going to use this phone for business in anyway lol. I pretty much got it because I didn't like the way the Droid 2's keyboard felt & I didn't want an all touch phone. I'm a current BB user so I thought I would like the Pro.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by spydergirl View Post
    Yes I use my corp exchange email on here and haven't had ANY problems with getting messages smoothly and right away. I'm not sure why others are having probs. I'm completely happy with mine so far.

I would assume that those folks having issues probably have different security policies being enforced by their organization's Exchange environment. Android's mail client doesn't always play nice with certain Exchange setups. Most users that I support have had luck with 3rd party solutions, such as Touchdown. I actually recommend Touchdown in most cases anyways, it is a much nicer mail client than the Android native one. For one thing, it actually supports sub folder push; Android by default only pushes the main inbox.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post

I would assume that those folks having issues probably have different security policies being enforced by their organization's Exchange environment. Android's mail client doesn't always play nice with certain Exchange setups. Most users that I support have had luck with 3rd party solutions, such as Touchdown. I actually recommend Touchdown in most cases anyways, it is a much nicer mail client than the Android native one. For one thing, it actually supports sub folder push; Android by default only pushes the main inbox.
    Is Touchdown just for exchange emails or can it be used for other emails as well? I've been using K9 mail for my other emails and it works well, but I'm curious about the Touchdown app. Never heard of it. Thanks for the input.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Awesome...thanks! My 1 year upgrade is due on Sunday so I may pull the trigger on a new Pro...

Anyone thinking of purchasing a new Pro or other Droid, Amazon is having a penny sale this weekend...not sure if it'll work on an upgrade our not but will try...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    I think those sales are for NEW Verizon customers only, but you still might get a good deal with the sale. Keep us posted.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links