DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid Pro vs. Droid 2

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guidot View Post
    HB, you really hate bb huh?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Not that I hate it, it's just that the technology is so far behind either a Droid or an iPhone. I suppose it might appeal to some people, it just doesn't float my boat.
    I agree, currently own a Blackberry Curve 8330 & ordered a Pro yesterday. I would've kept my BB but I'm not a fan of BB's OS which is why I bought a Pro. I wanted a Android phone but simular to a BB.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    Well good to hear! I went to Verizon today, and tried the DPro and i really liked it too. Keyboard was great, and it was very snappy. Form factor was cool too.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    The thing that I hate about the Droid 2 is that it is a slide out keyboard -- not a candy bar keyboard like the Blackberries. The hassle of having to slide out your keyboard every time you want to type a message gets annoying for me. I am someone that sends a LOT of text messages and emails a day. I want my keyboard to be right there in front of me, ready for me to type.

If I were you, I would wait until your phone arrives to try out the keyboard and the screen to see if that is what you want. Then go to a Verizon store and try out the screen and keyboard on the Droid 2.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    Now my friend just got his and I gotta say I really love it. So now I have a question- is it possible to buy a Droid Pro, and switch sims from my droid 2 and switch between phones whenever, or does verizon not use sims?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    demiroquai
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzdroid View Post
    Now my friend just got his and I gotta say I really love it. So now I have a question- is it possible to buy a Droid Pro, and switch sims from my droid 2 and switch between phones whenever, or does verizon not use sims?
    VZW is a CDMA carrier. They don't utilize sim cards for their phones (even though the Pro has one for overseas usage). Its easy to switch, you can call *228, go on-line or call 611. Won't take more than 3 minutes to swap devices.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyDrew View Post
    The thing that I hate about the Droid 2 is that it is a slide out keyboard -- not a candy bar keyboard like the Blackberries. The hassle of having to slide out your keyboard every time you want to type a message gets annoying for me. I am someone that sends a LOT of text messages and emails a day. I want my keyboard to be right there in front of me, ready for me to type.

If I were you, I would wait until your phone arrives to try out the keyboard and the screen to see if that is what you want. Then go to a Verizon store and try out the screen and keyboard on the Droid 2.
    That's the main reason why I got the Pro. I don't like slide out keyboards or the way the Droid 2's keyboard felt. I went to the Verizon store to test out the Droid 2's keyboard & wasn't impressed. Even though the store I went to didn't have the Pros yet (it was last Tuesday when I went) my current phone is a Blackberry so I pretty much no what to expect from the keyboard & from the early reviews that I've read on it the Pro's keyboard is pretty much the same if not better than Blackberrys. I need a keyboard or I would have got the X. Speaking of which my Pro better get here soon!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro (I'm a newbie)

Love My Pro

Thanks to everyone who replied. I've had my Pro for 3 days now and love it. The keyboard is great. I went to a VZW store and tried the slider keyboard of the Droid 2 and I agree ... it has a flat feel and I don't want to slide each time I want to use it. It seems a must for one-handed operation while walking. Repeat ... LOVE my Pro. It's a keeper.

BTW, Kuzdroid ... If your Droid 2 came from VZW, it does not have a sim card (although the new VZW Droid 2 Global does). The Pro is the first android to have both CDMA & GSM capabilities. My new Pro came with a Vodaphone sim card installed. That sim card allows me to toggle between CDMA or GSM. FYI: CDMA is what VZW uses in the US. Most of the countries that I visit also allow CDMA (Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, S. Korea, and China). Most European countries allow only GSM. If you travel to Europe and want to maintain your existing VZW number, you need one of the several CDMA/GSM phones which VZW offers.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    OmahaEngineer- Thanks for the info. I think I am going to wait and see what if any black friday deals VZW will have, and buy the pro. I realized that when I type with the DPro, even when I thought I hit the wrong key, it is the right one. I found myself typing waaaay faster then on my D2. The only thing I'm not that fond of is the screen resolution. But it's a small complaint to a great device. Also I think it's great that companies are still making phones with small screens rather than getting bigger and bigger...

It's funny how a lot of people thought the DPro was a bust, but turns out you can't judge a book by it's cover.
    Last edited by Kuzdroid; 11-14-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have large fingers. I hope that I will be able to type with ease on the Droid Pro. It will probably take some getting used to since I have never used a Blackberry (other than my father's Bold for like 2 seconds to type a message for him while he was driving).

I could type on the Droid 2 no problem at all.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzdroid View Post
    OmahaEngineer- Thanks for the info. I think I am going to wait and see what if any black friday deals VZW will have, and buy the pro. I realized that when I type with the DPro, even when I thought I hit the wrong key, it is the right one. I found myself typing waaaay faster then on my D2. The only thing I'm not that fond of is the screen resolution. But it's a small complaint to a great device. Also I think it's great that companies are still making phones with small screens rather than getting bigger and bigger...

It's funny how a lot of people thought the DPro was a bust, but turns out you can't judge a book by it's cover.
    you think verizon would possibly offer the pro at a lower price for black friday? seems unlikely given how many people would be purchasing it a couple weeks before (within the 30 day period to boot)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links