My Droid Pro arrived today and I've got it up and running well. I have approx 95% of my applications reloaded and everything is working fine. I don't have time to post photos, but you already know what it looks like, so I'll share some thoughts below. I am coming from a Droid X, which I really like - but I need to decide if the Pro is a better device for me, if so the DX will get assigned to one of my team members. Here are some thoughts, in no particular order;
* The size is nice, feels similar to but better than the HTC Incredible. I don't care for the shiny, slippery, fingerprint-prone back cover. Let's hope Seidio gets an extended battery out quick, with a matte finish back cover.
* I am not a big fan of chrome, so the chrome border around the phone would have been better in black, IMHO. That said, it does have a real quality appearance and holding it gives one the impression of a quality device.
* The configurable key on the right side is nice - I use mine for opening the dialer.
* The keyboard is FANTASTIC!!! Reminds me of the best of my BB 9700 and the Motorola Q9, which was a crappy phone but had a great keyboard IMO.
* The area around the micro-USB port lights up when the keyboard is lit and also appears to light while charging. Only a slight glow, but a nice touch.
* I haven't tested the camera yet, so no comments there.
* The screen is nice, but seems pretty small, coming from a Droid X - but hey, what phone wouldn't!?! The screen response and clarity is very good.
* I'm using Launcher Pro Plus, with five items across and four rows high. This is about all that fits on this size screen. LPP is working well and I'm happy with that.
* The touch-sensitive buttons on the bottom of the screen are responsive and, while not as nice as the Droid X hardware buttons, work well.
* From what I can tell, the Pro does not appear to have the noise canceling microphone feature that the Droid X has.
* You can set shortcuts on the keyboard to open applications. I do not see an option to set Blackberry type speed dials on the keyboard, not yet at least.
That's all I've got for now, but I hope it helps. I think the Pro is a great device from first impressions, but I'm not sure I can divorce my Droid X yet :-)