DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Given up on the Pro?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Given up on the Pro?

Is everyone given up on the Pro. It just appears we don't have as many users posting info in this Forum as there was 6 months ago.

What's next?

Are we going to see a Pro 2 or not?

With the addition of all these new fancy phones are there alot of us remaining loyal to the pro?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    At this point I am so frustrated with the problems brought on by the GB update that I want to just roll back to FroYo and ride out my contract until I can get a phone that's actually supported by its manufacturer.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think a lot of people are disenchanted with the lack of support the phone's received from Motorola. They're too busy launching a new superphone every three days to maintain their existing products. The GB update didn't fix some bugs that had been lingering since launch, and it introduced some new, fairly severe issues. I'm done with Motorola, and honestly, I might be done with Android, too.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a successor announced. Sprint has some pro like phones out but no updates in specs.

Quote Originally Posted by theory87 View Post
    I think a lot of people are disenchanted with the lack of support the phone's received from Motorola. They're too busy launching a new superphone every three days to maintain their existing products. The GB update didn't fix some bugs that had been lingering since launch, and it introduced some new, fairly severe issues. I'm done with Motorola, and honestly, I might be done with Android, too.
    What issues are you having? Mom gas one and hasn't complained about anything yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    I am also tempted to leave Android, WP7 looks pretty slick on my friend's phone. As long as I can fully sync to my Google account, I am not really married to the Android platform. (anything but iOS though!)

tjk629, check this thread for some common issues with the update:
    Roundup of Gingerbread update issues (with solutions where available)
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I can agree with both of you. I loved my pro a month ago and then came gingerbread. We can only hope that Motorola decides to provide us a bug fix update and the major issue I need fixed is my keyboard light.

I am eligible for a early upgrade but just can seem to find a phone that is right for me. I am going to stick it out a little while longer and hope for the best.

8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post

tjk629, check this thread for some common issues with the update:
    Roundup of Gingerbread update issues (with solutions where available)
    Thanks for the topic. Sucks that happened. Hopefully a fix will cone soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE
    I came over from a Blackberry in mid-June and although my Pro had some bugs, I figured it was about 75/25 what I gained vs what I lost - pretty good odds.

Then GB killed my battery and has me way over my normal data level because it was churning about 200mg/a day rather than my average 50mg/day. Those issues lasted two weeks before I was finally able to shut that off. My battery lasts about 9 hours now & standby charge couldn't be better.

My biggest issue now is the k/b backlight. I have to turn the Pro toward the TV or a window to get the #$%~& backlight to come on. Ironically, it won't come on in the dark at all.

But generally, I'm still happy with it and don't plan to make any changes in the near future.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Keyboard backlight, random switching to Global mode, and random blinking of the notification LED are the most serious issues. They annoy me on a daily basis.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid PRO
    I am about done with my pro too. The keyboard light is a major problem for me and is getting worse with daylight getting shorter.

Too many problems and no one to set expectations of when or if we will see some fixes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links