DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Update 2.3.3 causing screen crop/right margin misalignment?? Plus other issues

  1. Junior Droid
    End0's Avatar
    Member #
    229651
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    #1

    Update 2.3.3 causing screen crop/right margin misalignment?? Plus other issues

    Yesterday my phone found the new droid system update 2.3.3 and I am having several issues now.

    First: There are several apps (such as Pocket Empires) that the right margin is not calibrated properly now. I am missing about 1/4 inch of the screen on the right side that I cannot see.

    Second: My live wallpaper (Nexus) automatically is reset to a standard brick wallpaper after about 10 minutes roughly. I have tried setting other live wallpapers with the same result.

    Third: This may not be related to the update, but my phone randomly starts playing audio files stored on my memory card. The phone tries playing the files but only plays roughly 1-2 seconds of the audio then the player disappears, making it near impossible for me to try and pause or stop the audio, but then after a few seconds it tries playing audio again. This happens every time I plug in headphones, and has also happened twice within the last 24 hours where the phone is locked and in my pocket.

    Any suggestions? The most important issue I would say is the screen margin issue for apps. I have also posted this identical thread in the tech support forum as well and any solutions that arise I will transfer to here for others to reference if they have any of these issues. Thanks to all those who may help.
  2. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by End0 View Post
    Yesterday my phone found the new droid system update 2.3.3 and I am having several issues now.

    First: There are several apps (such as Pocket Empires) that the right margin is not calibrated properly now. I am missing about 1/4 inch of the screen on the right side that I cannot see.

    Second: My live wallpaper (Nexus) automatically is reset to a standard brick wallpaper after about 10 minutes roughly. I have tried setting other live wallpapers with the same result.

    Third: This may not be related to the update, but my phone randomly starts playing audio files stored on my memory card. The phone tries playing the files but only plays roughly 1-2 seconds of the audio then the player disappears, making it near impossible for me to try and pause or stop the audio, but then after a few seconds it tries playing audio again. This happens every time I plug in headphones, and has also happened twice within the last 24 hours where the phone is locked and in my pocket.

    Any suggestions? The most important issue I would say is the screen margin issue for apps. I have also posted this identical thread in the tech support forum as well and any solutions that arise I will transfer to here for others to reference if they have any of these issues. Thanks to all those who may help.
    Well, the first thing I would try is turn your phone off, pull the battery, let sit without battery for at least 1 minute, replace battery and reboot. It sounds as if you've checked all your settings, so if after checking your settings again and you still have those issues I would do a factory reset...yeah, I know, PITA!!
  3. Junior Droid
    End0's Avatar
    Member #
    229651
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    Well, the first thing I would try is turn your phone off, pull the battery, let sit without battery for at least 1 minute, replace battery and reboot. It sounds as if you've checked all your settings, so if after checking your settings again and you still have those issues I would do a factory reset...yeah, I know, PITA!!
    I've done literally everything but the factory reset. I think I have enough cause to get an exchange from verizon at this point unless there's a simpler solution...
  4. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by End0 View Post
    I've done literally everything but the factory reset. I think I have enough cause to get an exchange from verizon at this point unless there's a simpler solution...
    I would bet that if you take your phone back to Verizon (an I'm not saying you shouldn't) that is the first thing they will do. And if that fixes the issue they will just hand the phone back to you and say "there you go". Unfortunately, you still have to go through the process of setting everything back up again...but the issues have been resolved
  5. Junior Droid
    End0's Avatar
    Member #
    229651
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    I would bet that if you take your phone back to Verizon (an I'm not saying you shouldn't) that is the first thing they will do. And if that fixes the issue they will just hand the phone back to you and say "there you go". Unfortunately, you still have to go through the process of setting everything back up again...but the issues have been resolved
    I just did a factory reset with no resolution. So I went to verizon and they are sending me a replacement phone overnight. I highly doubt this will fix the margin calibration issue I am having with certain apps but at least my phone won't start playing music randomly when its in my pocket lol.

    If anyone finds a solution to the screen margin/crop issue I am still having please let me know....unfortunately I have a feeling the only thing that will solve it is a new phone...
  6. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by End0 View Post
    I just did a factory reset with no resolution. So I went to verizon and they are sending me a replacement phone overnight. I highly doubt this will fix the margin calibration issue I am having with certain apps but at least my phone won't start playing music randomly when its in my pocket lol.

    If anyone finds a solution to the screen margin/crop issue I am still having please let me know....unfortunately I have a feeling the only thing that will solve it is a new phone...
    Good luck End0, I hope the new phone will solve the problems.
  7. Junior Droid
    End0's Avatar
    Member #
    229651
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    Good luck End0, I hope the new phone will solve the problems.
    Thanks, even tho im pretty skeptical...I think its just this model phone that has the issue with certain apps margin settings=screen size. Ill get the replacement phone probably Tuesday, I'll post a follow-up then.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 03:12 PM
  2. Moisture/Humidity causing touch screen issues.
    By ElectroGeek in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 01:18 PM
  3. Kernel, voltage, or compcache causing issues?
    By Sniper_5 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 08:47 PM
  4. Known list of apps causing GPS issues?
    By 25cents in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 03:10 PM
  5. Gallery causing sync issues
    By craigporter3 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 04:08 PM

Search tags for this page

android 2.3 calibrate screen

,
calibrate droid screen
,
calibrate touch screen thunderbolt
,

droid 2 calibrate touch screen

,

droid 2 screen calibration

,
droid calibrate screen
,
droid pro screen calibration
,
droid razr touch screen calibration
,
htc thunderbolt touch screen calibration
,

thunderbolt touch screen calibration

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+