DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA GB here!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    My apologies. I'll edit the post. Apparently the GB hasn't hit my phone. Still having the same issue with the logwrapper though. If someone has a good copy of the file, it would be much appreciated.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    If you compare the file posted in the CM7 post for 4.6.8, to the one I posted, they are identical in size and contents. Not sure if both are valid or neither, since the update doesn't work on my phone.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by frpst9 View Post
    If you compare the file posted in the CM7 post for 4.6.8, to the one I posted, they are identical in size and contents. Not sure if both are valid or neither, since the update doesn't work on my phone.
    I just used both of the files in the CM7 post. Here are the steps I followed to update to 4.6.8 successfully.

I downloaded RSDlite 4.9 with Driver found Droid Pro SBF File (2.26.20) Full and RSDLite
    Downloaded the 3.8.7 and the 4.6.8 from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-roms/175390-new-cyanogenmod-7-gingerbread-kernel-22.html#post1790328
    I
    renamed the 4.6.8 to update.zip and moved to the root folder on my Droid Pro (this was important later)
    Move 3.8.7 to the root of your computer drive (C:\)
    I ran RSDlite and updated to 3.8.7 using the "While phone is off" instructions on my first link (RSDlite download)
    Got stuck in a bootloop after the update
    Booted into recovery mode on the Droid Pro (Turn phone off, then Hold down Power + R + M until you get to the yellow exclamation point)
    Ran the update.zip (4.6.8 update)
    Booted successfully (*228 to reactivate on Verizon network)

Up and running the latest 2.3.3 4.6.8 now. Thanks everyone.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc2u View Post
    I just used both of the files in the CM7 post. Here are the steps I followed to update to 4.6.8 successfully.

I downloaded RSDlite 4.9 with Driver found Droid Pro SBF File (2.26.20) Full and RSDLite
    Downloaded the 3.8.7 and the 4.6.8 from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-roms/175390-new-cyanogenmod-7-gingerbread-kernel-22.html#post1790328
    I
    renamed the 4.6.8 to update.zip and moved to the root folder on my Droid Pro (this was important later)
    Move 3.8.7 to the root of your computer drive (C:\)
    I ran RSDlite and updated to 3.8.7 using the "While phone is off" instructions on my first link (RSDlite download)
    Got stuck in a bootloop after the update
    Booted into recovery mode on the Droid Pro (Turn phone off, then Hold down Power + R + M until you get to the yellow exclamation point)
    Ran the update.zip (4.6.8 update)
    Booted successfully (*228 to reactivate on Verizon network)

Up and running the latest 2.3.3 4.6.8 now. Thanks everyone.
    To be clear, you don't use the 2.26 SBF file from the first link at all, correct? You just use the 3.8.7 SBF and the 4.6.8 update.zip from the 2nd link?

I've been trying to avoid SBF, since its my wife's device and I'd like to avoid a full rebuild (despite Titanium Backups), but it looks like that is not an option. Thanks for the directions.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by frpst9 View Post
    To be clear, you don't use the 2.26 SBF file from the first link at all, correct? You just use the 3.8.7 SBF and the 4.6.8 update.zip from the 2nd link?

I've been trying to avoid SBF, since its my wife's device and I'd like to avoid a full rebuild (despite Titanium Backups), but it looks like that is not an option. Thanks for the directions.
    Correct, you should not use the 2.26 SBF on my first link, only RSDlite and the Motorola driver. The SBF and the method I used will not wipe the user data, it will only update the OS. Make sure to move the 4.6.8 (rename to update.zip) to your phone before starting the 3.8.7 SBF update using RSDlite. This will enable you to power off and then use recovery mode to run the update to 4.6.8. This helped me as the 3.8.7 sent me into a boot loop and the 4.6.8 update in recovery mode loaded and booted successfully.

Make sure to move the 3.8.7 to the root (C drive) or you may get a greyed out Start button in RSDlite.

Also, Make sure to *228 to reactivate (Verizon). If you don't, you will not have data service and will see a blue triangle in the notification bar.
    Last edited by chrisc2u; 10-17-2011 at 12:34 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc2u View Post
    Correct, you should not use the 2.26 SBF on my first link, only RSDlite and the Motorola driver. The SBF and the method I used will not wipe the user data, it will only update the OS. Make sure to move the 4.6.8 (rename to update.zip) to your phone before starting the 3.8.7 SBF update using RSDlite. This will enable you to power off and then use recovery mode to run the update to 4.6.8. This helped me as the 3.8.7 sent me into a boot loop and the 4.6.8 update in recovery mode loaded and booted successfully.

Make sure to move the 3.8.7 to the root (C drive) or you may get a greyed out Start button in RSDlite.

Also, Make sure to *228 to reactivate (Verizon). If you don't, you will not have data service and will see a blue triangle in the notification bar.
    Thanks much. I didn't realize you could SBF while keeping user data. I assumed it was a full wipe.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro GB
    I am not able to root the recent update with motorola one click root. Any luck with anyone.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Has anyone been able to compare this OTA with the leaked or limited-release or whatever update from a couple months ago? I am wondering if it's worth the trouble to sbf, etc., since my phone is doing just fine with said update. Thanks.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Another issue: my keyboard backlight will sometimes just turn off even if I only just woke up the phone a few seconds before, or even if I am actually typing at the time.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Another issue: my keyboard backlight will sometimes just turn off even if I only just woke up the phone a few seconds before, or even if I am actually typing at the time.
    Same problem here.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Links