Droid Pro Resources Thread (SBF, Root, Update, Instructions)
As you guys might have noticed, there's actually been a little development for our phones lately (thanks guys). Due to that, I've decided to put together a info thread to help people out with how to "tinker" with their phones a little. If there's anything you think should be added, just let me know.
As always, you should take care before doing any modifications to your phone. You can potentially cause a large amount of damage if you do not know what you're doing. The instructions here are NOT a fool-proof method. They are simply a short guide to help you get the most out of your phone. Enjoy!
Installing OTA updates manually (root access not required):
1) Download the appropriate file (2.3.3 Leaked Gingerbread or 3.8.7 Froyo Update )
2) Name it update and place it on the root of your SD card
3) Boot into recovery (Power+R+M)
4) Press the @ symbol when you get Android + ! on the screen.
5) Select to install update.zip from SD Card
Enable USB Debugging and "Unknown Sources" Apps
1) Menu > Settings > Applications > Enable Unknown Sources
2) Menu > Settings > Applications > Development> Enable USB Debugging
Root Droid Pro with SuperOneClick (Froyo)
1) Download and unzip SuperOneClick
2) Run the driver utility
3) Enable USB debugging and plug in your phone
4) Click root and let the program do its thing
Root Droid Pro with Bionic method (Gingerbread)
1) Download the file and extract.
2) Connect your phone to your computer via USB charge-only mode.
3) Run Motorola One Click Root
4) Phone will reboot twice
5) If it reboots to the bootloader, simply unplug, reboot the phone manually, then replug once its booted.
Use ClockworkMod Recovery with your Droid Pro
1) On your rooted phone, install the Droid 2 Boostrapper
2) Open the application, press Bootstrap Recovery (allow in Superuser), then Reboot Recovery
3) You will reboot into CWM, allowing you to create/restore backups and flash .zip files
4) Be sure to note that some roms do not allow use of the Boostrapper. CM7, for instance, allows you to reboot to recovery via the power button. The bootstrapper will cause you to have to SBF with CM7.
Installing a custom ROM or its update
1) Boot into CWM via the Bootstrapper
2) Select "Flash zip from SD Card"
3) Select your zip file (from a custom ROM found in the Droid PRO Roms Section
4) You will likely need to wipe data, system, cache, davlik or a combination. See the appropriate thread for details.
Flashing stock SBF file via RSD Lite
1) Download the SBF below and install RSD Lite (a Gingerbread link is in process)
2) Install the drivers found in the zip file
3) Boot your FULLY CHARGED phone to the bootloader (Power+Vol Up+Vol Down) while off.
4) Start RSD Lite and plug in your phone
5) Once it appears in the bottom window, press start
6) DO NOT unplug your phone during this process
Gingerbread on Droid Pro with Froyo Radio
1) See instructional thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...oyo-radio.html