Can anybody provide the sbf files and the tool for download please.
Did anyone with 2.3.4 get the Bionic Root to work?
I am NOT tech saavy but NEED to root my Pro. I lost the lower quadrant of my screen so I cannot access my Home/Back/Settings buttons (4 mo. left to upgrade). Pulled the battery overnight/ restored to factory didnít fix it. I am assuming my digitizer is bad, anyway searching the forums I found the Button Savior app and installed it. Home button works without root, but I need the other buttons too, especially the settings since Iím back at factory default.
I was excited when I saw the one click root but after reading I donít see where it has been successful for anyone. If I attempt it and root is unsuccessful, I am afraid I will not have the knowledge to fix it.
Currently running GB 2.3.4, 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US.
I love my Droid Pro. Any advice?
Thanks for the reponse. I guess I will deal with it and order a new digitizer and hope that fixes it.
The process you are describing sounds more in depth than I want to attempt. I jusst want a working phone back .
Do you want add this?
There are 2 Motorola Pro, but they are very similar…
We have discovered that you can swap the mod kernel and apply your preferred rom
And so… From any original Rom (not argentinian 2.3.6 because we don’t have a root)…
1) Root with Pete's Motorola Root Tools or what do you prefer..
2) Install droid 2 bootstrapper from market, open the app click on the first button, say ok…
3) Choose and download your right kernel for right rom or backup, see below
4) Choose and download your preferred rom or backup (summary: While in recovery mode, and without rebooting at all:
...a) Wipe Data
...b) Install Radio Unlock (if you are american user: Gingerbread on Droid Pro with Unlocked Froyo Radio - xda-developers)
...c) Install Kernel
...d) Restore Clockworkmod backup (you should have extracted the clockworkmod zip so the folder is located on your sdcard at [ie clockworkmod\backup\...] folder (with the system.img and other images under that folder))
5) Download them in your sd (kernel and rom are a .zip, backup is about five files that you must put on your sd under clockworkmod\backup\nameofbackupwithoutspaces.)
6) Reboot in clockwordmod choose backup and backup your data!!
7) Always in clockwordmod, choose install zip from sdcard and choose your kernel. Now we have 2 options, if you have choosed a backup to restore (7), or a rom to install (8)
8) If you have choosed a bckup Without reboot choose backup and restore and choose restore the new backup if you have choosed a backup, then wipe data.
9) If you have choosed a rom, choose install zip from sdcard and choose your rom, then wipe data
10) Did you make your backup? Did you have done wipe all data? Did you have choosed right kernel for right backup?
11) Only now reboot Reboot!!
12) If You want unlocked gsm (for American users) see here… Gingerbread on Droid Pro with Unlocked Froyo Radio - xda-developers
A) European backup – Froyo Kernel
B) All roms, and all official American backup – American Kernel 4.7.3 (If you have anny issues you can choose also American kernel 4.6.8 KernelPROGB468.zip. But you can’t use this kernel with American 4.7.3 backup)
- European Backup: XT610 Europa Original backup.rar
- European Kernel: KernelFroyoEu.zip
- American Kernel 4.7.3 1-PRO-473-kernel.zip
- American Backup 4.7.3: 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US.zip
- Optional Roms - CM7 for Droid Pro ([ROM] [NEW] Cyanogenmod 7 for the Gingerbread Kernel) or Apex for Droid Pro ([ROM] *Updated*[PORT] ApeX 2.0 Release Candidate (RC4) (10/11/2011)), or Gummy ICS http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...7-12-beta.html, Or ICS 9 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...droid-pro.html
1) Verizon American droid pro with GingerBread 2.3.3. It is a global phone and we have 4 Roms
[hide][/hide]Code:a) Original with GB (with SBF) Only English and spain b) Cyanogenmod with gb (there are some issues for gsm users) Droidforums c) Apex (stable, but is not very beatifull) Droidforums d) Cyanogenmod with ICS (alpha) Droidforums - It is simlocked, but if you have an unlocked code you can put another sim! Unlock Motorola Droid Pro - xda-developers - But if you live in america you must have also the radio unlock: Gingerbread on Droid Pro with Unlocked Froyo Radio - xda-developers xda-developers - View Single Post - Attention all owners of Motorola Droid pro, with poor quality of GSM signal - [Important] Verizon Droid Pro stock update 4.7.3 - READ BEFORE PROCEED [Important] Verizon Droid Pro stock update 4.7.3 - READ BEFORE PROCEED - xda-developers - Root when possible with Superoneclick, or aroot, or others Other SBF [Files] 2.26 and 3.8.7 update.zip - xda-developers Clockwordmod with droid2 bootstrapper - If you use American pro in gsm/UMTS you must edit your build.prop: Attention all owners of Motorola Droid pro, with poor quality of GSM signal - xda-developers - Attention (you will lose your data! do it a nandroid backup, or titanium backup before)!! If you want disable cdma signal (only from menu, I suppose...) You must download this file Little rom for european Pro user (qwerty) and Original Rom for European pro - xda-developers go to clockwordmod - backup/restore - advanced restore and then choose only data... Then reinstall your data, or settings with titanium! In the wireless menu you can see only GSM/UMTS, no more CDMA [TUT] European Froyo Rom on American Droid pro! Or restore your froyo on European - xda-developers - [Share] Verizon XT610 unbrick. (For Code Corrupt) European Froyo Rom on American Droid pro! Or restore your froyo on European [Share] Verizon XT610 unbrick. (For Code Corrupt) - xda-developers - Improve your Pro: Freezing Apps on Pro / Running Rooted GB - xda-developers Phone finally working great! - xda-developers Improve Our Droid Pro... Summary... (27/03/2011) - xda-developers - Other SBF: xda-developers - View Single Post - Droid Pro SBF Files! Bricked You Droid?
2) European/SudAmerican Motorola Pro (querty/quertz). It is a gsm phone and we have 2 roms
[hide][/hide]Code:a) Original Froyo Installed (without Motorola's SBF) Little rom for european Pro user (qwerty) and Original Rom for European pro - xda-developers [TUT] European Froyo Rom on American Droid pro! Or restore your froyo on European - xda-developers b) Sud American Gingerbread 2.3.6 (NO ROOT, with SBF) [SBF] Gingerbread 2.3.6 for Pro XT610 Personal Argentina [SBF] - xda-developers Only English and spain - Remap querty/quertz Change key map QWERTZ/QWERTY? - xda-developers - Installing Clockwordmod Little rom for european Pro user (qwerty) and Original Rom for European pro - xda-developers - Root when possible with Superoneclick - Improve our Pro (Italian) Telefonino.net Forum - Visualizza messaggio singolo - Motorola Pro[Official Thread]
Keymapping: [Q] Got myself into trouble - keymapping... - xda-developers
[TUT] European Froyo Rom on American Droid pro! Or restore your froyo on European:
[TUT] European Froyo Rom on American Droid pro! Or restore your froyo on European - xda-developers
ICS or CGM 7 or Apex on Eurepan Droid:
After you can't downgrade to froyo!!!
[TUT] American ICS or CGM 7 on European Pro !!! - xda-developers
1) Root your european pro ( with froyo), install bootstrap for droid 2, clockwordmod,
2) Reboot in clockwordmod
3) choose install from zip and choose gingerbread kernel zip (see point 6 Gingerbread on Droid Pro with Unlocked Froyo Radio - xda-developers.) DON't Reboot!
4) Wipe all data always in clockwordmod, without reboot!
5) install cyanogenmod 9 or Cyanogenmod 7 (droidforums), or apex, choosing install from zip
6) Now reboot!!!!!! in ICS or cgm 7!!!
thanks to all!!
2.26.20 Verizon USA (Only english and spanish, root!)
2.26.60 Verizon USA (Only english and spanish, root!)
126.96.36.199 Verizon USA (Only english and spanish, root!)
2.3.3 Verizon GB USA (Only english and spanish, root!)
2.2.2 Argentinian and european (Only english and spanish, root!)
2.3.6 Argentine and European (Only english and spanish, no root!)
JackpotClavin - for his rom and porting
Axl - Created the Droid2 Kernel which allowed me to use the same method for the Droid Pro ([D2G] Gingerbread Hack For Us Band Unlockers - Droid 2 / R2D2 / Milestone 2 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki)
dettofatto - Clockworkmod backup and kernel for European 4.7.3
JohnS - Clockworkmod backup and kernel for Verizon US 4.7.3
ngtwolf - For all
13th Angel - for his rom and porting
NOT MY FAULT IF YOU MESS UP SOMETHING....