DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Overheating

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Overheating

So, a couple of weeks ago, the vibration on my Droid Pro randomly stopped working and nothing I did, or even did under the instruction of a Verizon technician, could fix it, so I had to order a refurb (they claimed the Pro isn't carried in stores anymore). Now, this refurb has a nearly daily habit of overheating, right when I try to charge it. The other night, at work, it completely overheated in my pocket with NOTHING running, and dropped from 100% battery to 15% within a very short amount of time. But, it usually happens on charging. I tried to charge it this morning before work; it was down to 50% somehow, and when I plugged it in a little while before work, it was extremely hot again and didn't charge at all. I tried charging it in my car as well, but it still wouldn't charge. I have it charging on my laptop as I'm typing this now and it's fine, but I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issue and knows any resolutions? I love this phone; it was my first smartphone and a HUUUUUGE upgrade from my Samsung Impression I had on AT&T (which was my first phone, and showed me that both Samsung and AT&T are terrible companies), but I'm getting quite annoyed with this.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro CM7
    Sounds like perhaps a bum battery. Also initially the Pro was prone to overheating and one thing that cut down on that effect is changing the network mode from global to cdma.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
    HTC Droid Incredible - CyanogenMod 7.1 / Incredible HD / MIUI

Motorola Droid Pro - Currently in a coma.

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by google123 View Post
    Sounds like perhaps a bum battery. Also initially the Pro was prone to overheating and one thing that cut down on that effect is changing the network mode from global to cdma.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
    Two random things: have not had the overheat problem, but HAVE had vibrate stop working for no apparent reason (unrooted, stock). First refurb was pixelated out of the box and after SBF...second has been running fine.

I keep resetting my network from global to CDMA, however, phone likes to set itself back to global -as if this is somehow a default. Inevitably, if I go in a few days after setting to CDMA, it will be back on global. Small thing...can live with it...but be aware that if you try this and it seems to fail, that may be part of the reason.

Good luck!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Think I should try the extended battery if I can find it? And, I always have my phone set to CDMA instead of global to help with battery life. The only times that it has set itself back to Global is when I've had to do a factory reset.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    OEM extended, yes. Others are dicey - see battery-related threads on this forum (including my own sad tale of battery-fail). I use OEM extended ~ is all I would ever recommend.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Links