First off I think I may have bricked my phone. That being said this is exactly what I did to get to this point.
(1) The stupid OTA update kept showing up so I felt now is the time to update it. When I made this decision I was rooted with Z4root.
(2) I backup'd my apps and did a factory reset by going to settings>>privacy>>factory reset.
(3) I download the OTA update and tried to install but it failed.
(4) Read the forums and someone suggested that the OTA update will not install if you have a file called 'hijacker' or 'logwrapperl' well I didn't have hijacker but I had logwrapper.
(5) I re-rooted the phone with Z4
(6) Installed Root Explorer
(7) Deleted Logwrapper
(8) Removed Root
(10) Downloaded the OTA again
(11) Selected install the OTA update
(12) attempted to reboot and I am currently stuck at the Droid Intro Screen and it is 'bricked' i.e., it won't load passed the "DROOOOOIIDDDD!!!" (which is extremely annoying when you hear it over and over)
(13) Pulled the batter tried again (did this 7 times)
(14) Pulled the battery and re-booted holding power button R & M
(15) Went to factory reset it AGAIN!
(16) Received the error "e: cannot open /cache/recovery/command" & e: cannot open /cache/recovery/caller
(17) Wouldn't let me factory reset
(18) Wouldn't boot up again just ran through the DROIIIIIDDDDDD Animation over and over again
(19) Gave up came here and decided it better to await the responses from those more acquainted with the droid pro before I through the phone on the curb and smashed it.
Any help? Tips? Ideas? I'll try anything!