DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: cyanogenMod help please

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

cyanogenMod help please

i have a droid pro running 2.2.1 rooted using superoneclick.. i installed ROM manager and downloaded cyanogenMod.zip from this site to my sd.. i first flashed clockworkrecovery but when it asks to choose my model of phone, the pro isnt available...the droid x and 2 are ....i went with choosing the x (figured it was the closest) now my rom manager will not flash any roms, when it reboots, its just a normal reboot, and even when i try to reboot into recovery thru R.M. it simply reboots normally....HELPPPP....and also phone phone gets stuck on the boot screen when i attempt to manually boot into recovery..

3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by negligentinmate View Post
    i have a droid pro running 2.2.1 rooted using superoneclick.. i installed ROM manager and downloaded cyanogenMod.zip from this site to my sd.. i first flashed clockworkrecovery but when it asks to choose my model of phone, the pro isnt available...the droid x and 2 are ....i went with choosing the x (figured it was the closest) now my rom manager will not flash any roms, when it reboots, its just a normal reboot, and even when i try to reboot into recovery thru R.M. it simply reboots normally....HELPPPP....and also phone phone gets stuck on the boot screen when i attempt to manually boot into recovery..
    Flashing a rom onto an unsupported device will always cause problems. There really aren't any stable custom roms for the Pro because there isn't much love in the developer community for the phone.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you'll have to do a SBF flash:

The official Droid pro sbf from TBH
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Spica/Droid Pro unlock
    when i try to reboot into recovery thru R.M. it simply reboots normally.: To boot into CWM recovery you have to buy either the Droid X or Droid 2 Bootstrap applications. Then proceed to click the first button then the second one and voila, CWM recovery.

phone gets stuck on the boot screen when i attempt to manually boot into recovery: You have to turn off USB debugging to boot into stock recovery. Actually you need to turn it off to boot into any kind of recovery.
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    I misread. I thought you already had gone through the install process on cyanogenMod and ran into complications because of that. rafeee2 is correct. You'll need the Droid 2 Bootstrapper in order to boot into Clockwork recovery.

And as far as I know, CyanogenMod won't work with the Pro.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rafeee2 View Post
    when i try to reboot into recovery thru R.M. it simply reboots normally.: To boot into CWM recovery you have to buy either the Droid X or Droid 2 Bootstrap applications. Then proceed to click the first button then the second one and voila, CWM recovery.

phone gets stuck on the boot screen when i attempt to manually boot into recovery: You have to turn off USB debugging to boot into stock recovery. Actually you need to turn it off to boot into any kind of recovery.

in reference to the declicking usb debugging, thank you immensely...had not seen that mentioned anywhere along the way... and im gonna try to find the bootstrap without paying...havent had to pay for a single thing yet and im rooted/modded...so why start paying now?lol
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    Obtaining paid apps for free is not what this community is about.

Good Luck.

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by guidot View Post
    Obtaining paid apps for free is not what this community is about.

Good Luck.

guidot, i do apologize for the misunderstanding, i was not asking for them, simply making a statement, i should have worded it better.

on a side note, i stumbled across a GB 2.3 update and im currently trying to update my phone from froyo (2.2.1) to GB....hoping i dont lose my root...
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    You will. A side effect of an OTA update.

Sent from my A855.

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    im not doing an OTA update, i downloaded the gb update.zip to my root folder on sd card and im going in thru recovery to update....ive tried twice but no luck yet..running into some verification issue.. but imma post my issu on that thread.
  11. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    im not doing an OTA update, i downloaded the gb update.zip to my root folder on sd card and im going in thru recovery to update....ive tried twice but no luck yet..running into some verification issue.. but imma post my issu on that thread.
    Unless you have 2 zip files, that update.zip is the OTA update. Someone pulled it off their phone and posted it. You will lose root.

Links