DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Skins -- brand new to forums and pro

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid PRO

Skins -- brand new to forums and pro

Hey all,

I am brand new to these forums. I've been over at android forums for when I had my DROID eris. I am not completely new to the rooted scene I had my eris rooted but it wasn't that good of a phone and couldn't do much with it. I love my DROID pro and am really excited to start messing with it.

One this I am most curious about is changing the lock screen skin or even just the skin for the moto blur in general. I've seen peoples pictures of them but I have never figured out how to do it, plus I have yet to find a download for a skin. If anyone could help me out or at least give me a heads up on something I dont know that would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by smurphy923 View Post
    Hey all,

I am brand new to these forums. I've been over at android forums for when I had my DROID eris. I am not completely new to the rooted scene I had my eris rooted but it wasn't that good of a phone and couldn't do much with it. I love my DROID pro and am really excited to start messing with it.

One this I am most curious about is changing the lock screen skin or even just the skin for the moto blur in general. I've seen peoples pictures of them but I have never figured out how to do it, plus I have yet to find a download for a skin. If anyone could help me out or at least give me a heads up on something I dont know that would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum...I hope this helps. Lots of Pro (as well as other Android users) have had a good experience with LauncherPro and ADW. Both are good launchers and have free versions in the market. I personally like LauncherPro. If you don't want a screen lock screen there is an app called "No Lock" which completely eliminates the lock screen. When the screen is turned off pressing any key will turn the screen back on. Works great unless you carry your phone in your pocket...that could cause a problem. Beautiful Widgets, in the Market, is a great app for personalizing your phone. There are tons of wallpaper available in the market also, or just google for "android wallpaper".
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    The actual lock screen skin (wallpaper) can only be changed if your device is rooted.
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    360 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    The actual lock screen skin (wallpaper) can only be changed if your device is rooted.
    Not with WidgetLocker. You can control virtually everything about the lock screen with WidgetLocker without root. Root access is only required for a few additional features in the app, none of which are really major.

I've been using the combination of LauncherPro and Widget locker for quite awhile now. I love it. They allow you to customize just about everything in the UI to some degree.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    No Lock actually eliminates the lock screen if you choose and no root required.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Well, learn something new every day. I deleted Widgetlocker on Tuesday after I updated because I always thought it required root. Never actually checked I suppose. Loading it back on as we speak! Thanks!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    No Lock actually eliminates the lock screen if you choose and no root required.
    True, didn't think of that one either, as I have it running already and forgot it's even running. DUH
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid PRO
    I appreciate all the help everyone I am definitely going to look into everything. I will also try and be active on the forums since this awesome app makes it so easy to be haha

Links