DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Update push.....

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member

Update push.....

So I loaded Cachemate to clear my cache and got an update request which i thought was for Cachemate so i started the download. Then realized it was the new software update for the phone, I am rooted and have renamed some apps. I thought it wouldn't do the over the air update when those circumstances were met so I hit install later. I don't want to go to this update because I am fine with what I have and have been reading some issues with it. So how do I get rid of the update and have it stop asking me to update?

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Nevermind went into the cache folder from root explorer and just deleted the update seems to have worked.
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    So I loaded Cachemate to clear my cache and got an update request which i thought was for Cachemate so i started the download. Then realized it was the new software update for the phone, I am rooted and have renamed some apps. I thought it wouldn't do the over the air update when those circumstances were met so I hit install later. I don't want to go to this update because I am fine with what I have and have been reading some issues with it. So how do I get rid of the update and have it stop asking me to update?
    For the most part, the only people who have had issues with it are those who installed the update while rooted or with some apps renamed/removed. If you unroot, correct any renamed apps, install the update, and then reroot, the update makes the phone much better in a variety of ways. I was fine before the update as well, but the update has made everything smoother, email works better, and the battery life is greatly improved.

You'll continue to get the prompt to install the update though. Being rooted and removing/renaming apps does not stop over the air updates. That's done through custom roms, none of which are available for the Pro.
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    See I didn't have any custom roms for my Droid X and the software update wouldn't work all together. I had to manually download the file and load it myself from the sd card. And you are right it downloaded the damn update again because I was away from my phone and didn't so no so it just downloaded it. Any help on this would be appreciated cause I don't want this update my phone runs great the way it is.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    How do I remove Air Push from my M-Droid?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    Do u have to be rooted to clear ur cache? Cuz i still havnt recieved the update yet :/

Sent from my DROID PRO

Links