DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So did we get jipped by not getting a trackpad in the back?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO

So did we get jipped by not getting a trackpad in the back?

I notice the the Droid Pro case has that cut out in the back, someone posted a link about a different style Droid Pro that had a track pad on the back, it didn't make sense to me until I thought about how much easier it would be to scroll through web pages with the trackpad.. so, how come our phone didn't come with it? lol..

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    demiroquai
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I think it was a speaker, not a track pad.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    the Motorola back flip had a track pad in the back and it makes a lot of sense. When holding the phone with one hand you'd be able to just scroll down or up on web pages by using the track pad...I seriously don't know why they would remove this..
    Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Motorola Droid Pro
    When holding the phone with one hand you'd be able to just scroll down or up on web pages by using the track pad
    Seems to me that a thumb on the screen does that well enough. A trackpad in the back seems redundant and not necessary.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    I believe the advantage of this is that your thumb wouldn't be in the way while scrolling. Makes sense to me...

Also I wonder if you'd be able to use it to highlight words. I just see it as being yet another feature this phone could of had. Nobody would be forcing you to use it but I sure as hell would take full advantage of it lol..

Quote Originally Posted by paul.r View Post
    When holding the phone with one hand you'd be able to just scroll down or up on web pages by using the track pad
    Seems to me that a thumb on the screen does that well enough. A trackpad in the back seems redundant and not necessary.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I would like to see this so-called track pad prototype. I seriously think the cutout is for cooling issues with the phone. Its well known the Pro runs a little warm and from some tear down photos I've seen, the cutout is lined up quite nicely with the processor.

With your theory though, I've been playing around "pretending" there was a trackpad there and I would have to say that ergonomically it just doesn't fit. My hand cramps after a while of playing. Furthermore I'd have to say the touchscreen is more than enough for navigation for any content thrown at me.

HTC Droid DNA
    Galaxy S III
    Galaxy Nexus
    HTC Thunderbolt
    LG Revolution
    Motorola Droid 2
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Samsung Fascinate
    Motorola Droid 1
    Blackberry Storm2
    Blackberry Storm
    Blackberry Pearl
    Motorola Q9
    Motorola Q
    Samsung SCH-A930
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid A85
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhite757 View Post
    I would like to see this so-called track pad prototype. I seriously think the cutout is for cooling issues with the phone. Its well known the Pro runs a little warm and from some tear down photos I've seen, the cutout is lined up quite nicely with the processor.

With your theory though, I've been playing around "pretending" there was a trackpad there and I would have to say that ergonomically it just doesn't fit. My hand cramps after a while of playing. Furthermore I'd have to say the touchscreen is more than enough for navigation for any content thrown at me.

I would have to agree at first I was all OHHHH a track pad on the back but then I realized as stated by Paul.r "Seems to me that a thumb on the screen does that well enough. A trackpad in the back seems redundant and not necessary." And also stated by Bwhite757 my hand would cramp up (i've got big hands)

Sounds like it would have been nice as an option I guess but not missing it too much
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Trackball on the back would be a hassle if you ask me. When you sit it down, it can move or chose something on the screen by mistake. Also can be an issue when you carry it in your pocket.
    I would be thte cutout is for heating issues as these things can get warm.
    Its cold here in Charleston so it doubles as a hand warmer!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    The trackpad probably uses the same technology as the resistive touch screens so the only way it would randomly select things for you is if you selected it yourself lol. Plus, if this thing did ship with the trackpad im sure you'd have the option to turn it off.

Using your finger on the screen to scroll could be enough but by that logic let's just not have a touch screen at all and just use a trackball in the front like blackberry since that would be more than enough lol..

As with your hands cramping up, mine don't so I guess it would vary by user.

As with the cut out being used to get rid of heat, I highly doubt it, I mean I can see that being used as an excuse by some verizon rep but I honestly just don't see it especially after seeing that prototype phone with the trackpad along with other Motorola phones using the trackpad in the back.

Im not saying this is a deal breaker for me but, its a feature that would of been nice to have. it sounds like some of you are trying to justify Motorola's decision to skimp on this feature. They should of added it and give the user to option to take advantage of it or not

11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    Oops I means capacitive screen not resistive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links