DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Love Droid Pro never going back to Blackberry, few questions!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Thumbs up Love Droid Pro never going back to Blackberry, few questions!

After a few weeks of use I can say even more that I love the Droid Pro and will never go back to a pos Blackberry. I have some general questions that I am hoping one of the more advanced users can answer:

1. How can you disable ALL screen vibrating I really don't care for the vibrate when I press the 4 touch screen keys above the keyboard. Also sometimes when heavy text messaging the screen will randomly vibrate and it is just flat annoying.

2. How can you disable the Home+Home shortcut key? I always always do not mean to activate this shortcut and I always do by accident. I want to be able to press the home screen as much as possible without activating any shortcut.

3. Is there an app that allows me to set that sound be on and off without killing the battery? In other words like 8am to 8pm silent and the rest of the time on silent, etc.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid, DroidX, Droid Bionic..
    for your first question if its the same as any android phone just go to settings>sound> and turn off haptic feedback but that wont change the screen vibrating just the soft keys
    Moto Droid - CM7
    Droid X - CM7
    Droid Bionic - Rooted
    Nook Color - CM7
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    Type in "silent mode time" and there should be a few different ones that pop up. I haven't tried any but, hopefully some of those apps do what your asking for

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by M.J.H. View Post
    After a few weeks of use I can say even more that I love the Droid Pro and will never go back to a pos Blackberry. I have some general questions that I am hoping one of the more advanced users can answer:

1. How can you disable ALL screen vibrating I really don't care for the vibrate when I press the 4 touch screen keys above the keyboard. Also sometimes when heavy text messaging the screen will randomly vibrate and it is just flat annoying.

2. How can you disable the Home+Home shortcut key? I always always do not mean to activate this shortcut and I always do by accident. I want to be able to press the home screen as much as possible without activating any shortcut.

3. Is there an app that allows me to set that sound be on and off without killing the battery? In other words like 8am to 8pm silent and the rest of the time on silent, etc.
    As for Question #2 - I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you can program the button settings by going to: Settings > Applications > Quick Launch - then set your button response preferences. Not sure if that answers your question?

Question #3 - You can download various "Profiles" applications from the app market and create all kinds of profile settings for various environments, times, etc.

Hope that helps.
    FINALLY got my GN2 from slow-poke VZN !!
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    For #3, I'm partial to Timeriffic for my time-based sound profiles.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #2 preferences > behavior settings > home key action
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    For the home row haptic feedback, I have not seen anyone figure out how to disable the vibration. There are no options specifically for the home row keys.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by M.J.H. View Post

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I had the same issue with pressing HOME to many times when all I wanted to do is go to the HOME screen but instead it would activate the assigned short-cut. Unfortunately, there is no option when assigning the short-cut to 'do nothing'. One trick I found was (and I'm not sure if you're ready to something like this or not), that since I had already rooted my phone, I removed the Social Networking and assigned the double-tap of HOME to Social Networking. Now when I double-tap the HOME button, I just go directly to the HOME screen. Kind of lame that the Android developers did not anticipate that someone might not want the double-tap of HOME to not activate a shortcut.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    +1 for "Timerific"

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    I use Ring Scheduler. Never tried the one mentioned above.

Links