DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: get Droid Maxx and keep Unlimited plan

  1. Droid
    cjj2d's Avatar
    Member #
    245169
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorolla BIONIC
    #1

    get Droid Maxx and keep Unlimited plan

    a couple of questions,

    first is: Does Best Buy or Verizon match Amazon's price? They have the Droid Maxx for $199

    second: my wife has been due for an upgrade (has Nexus) but likes her nexus, I have the bionic and am going to get the Maxx. Can I order the Maxx from Amazon using her phone line/upgrade then just activate it on my line that way I keep my unlimited plan? If I transfer the upgrade to my line Verizon is going to make me choose a new data plan.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Droid Firefighter's Avatar
    Member #
    130981
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet) ;-)
    Posts
    1,622
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    #2
    Yes you can do that and that is exactly how you do it. You need to make sure amazon will allow you to transfer the phone to your number. Some third party sellers require you to keep the phone active on the upgraded line for X amount of months otherwise they charge you full retail price.
  3. Droid
    cjj2d's Avatar
    Member #
    245169
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorolla BIONIC
    #3
    gotcha, thanks.
  4. Droid
    cjj2d's Avatar
    Member #
    245169
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorolla BIONIC
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid Firefighter View Post
    Yes you can do that and that is exactly how you do it. You need to make sure amazon will allow you to transfer the phone to your number. Some third party sellers require you to keep the phone active on the upgraded line for X amount of months otherwise they charge you full retail price.

    Ordered it from Amazon, $249, read all the fine print to make sure I could do this. Its says that if I switch the phone to another line and terminate the line I bought it for I would be charged a fee if its before the contract end. As long as I keep the phone number/line active I should be good. (which I have no plan on cancelling it).

    I will let you know if it works as planned.
  5. Junior Droid
    georgemovie's Avatar
    Member #
    44315
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    droid
    #5

    i just ordered the droid maxx and kept my unlimmited data!

    i just ordered my droid maxx for $299, from verizonwireless.com upgrade tab, and kept my unlimited data.

    yesterday, i read that people were pre-ordering the galaxy s3, and were able to keep their unlimited data too. i have no desire for that huge phone, so i thought i would try my luck and just order the droid maxx and to my surprise it worked! i was able keep my unlimited data plan. not sure why it worked, but perhaps because i am out of contract and was just on a month to month service.

    finally, it says that i'm going to get a bill credit for the (ridiculous) $30 upgrade fee that I was charged.

    hope this info helps anyone else looking to upgrade their phone. i currently have the droid razr maxx hd, and not sure which phone i'm going to keep. the new droid maxx doesn't have hdmi out.

    paz!

    Quote Originally Posted by cjj2d View Post
    a couple of questions,

    first is: Does Best Buy or Verizon match Amazon's price? They have the Droid Maxx for $199

    second: my wife has been due for an upgrade (has Nexus) but likes her nexus, I have the bionic and am going to get the Maxx. Can I order the Maxx from Amazon using her phone line/upgrade then just activate it on my line that way I keep my unlimited plan? If I transfer the upgrade to my line Verizon is going to make me choose a new data plan.
  6. Droid
    cjj2d's Avatar
    Member #
    245169
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorolla BIONIC
    #6
    success!

    got it activated and switched over, unlimited plan still in place!
  7. Junior Droid
    georgemovie's Avatar
    Member #
    44315
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    droid
    #7
    awesome news... congrats!

    did you go into the store to get it activated? online? or call in?

    i'm getting my new droid maxx this thursday and very excited.

    does anyone know if i can just sell it, without getting it activated? does it need to be activated first? i don't want them to bill later for the full retail price.

    thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by cjj2d View Post
    success!

    got it activated and switched over, unlimited plan still in place!
  8. Master Droid
    Big D's Avatar
    Member #
    3531
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    541
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #8
    I went in resigned that my unlimited was going away. Had to upgrade my Unlimited line - no way around it. Damn. Did the deal, got home and not only did I retain Unlimited, but the upgrade never registered. I was then able to transfer my upgrade that still showed to my wife's line and she got am iphone (blah).


    Never in my 20 year history there has that ever happened.
  9. Droid
    cjj2d's Avatar
    Member #
    245169
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorolla BIONIC
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I went in resigned that my unlimited was going away. Had to upgrade my Unlimited line - no way around it. Damn. Did the deal, got home and not only did I retain Unlimited, but the upgrade never registered. I was then able to transfer my upgrade that still showed to my wife's line and she got am iphone (blah).


    Never in my 20 year history there has that ever happened.

    was it over the weekend? there was a glitch that allowed this to happen. check this >>> Verizon glitch let unlimited data customers upgrade phones | Mobile - CNET News

    I wish I could have caught this, would have been easier. but oh well, its all good now. now ready to test this sucker out. fully charged it up over night and started at 7am to see how long it can go. so far i love this phone, but have not dug in too deep
  10. Master Droid
    Big D's Avatar
    Member #
    3531
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    541
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    Actually, I got mine about 10 days ago.


    Honestly can't believe I lucked into that. That's so not me.


    Hahaha.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon needs unlimited texting in Unlimited data plan
    By Eddog4DROID in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 02:05 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 09:32 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 09:31 PM
  4. Warning $10 text unlimited plan is not unlimited.
    By J.P. in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 12:42 PM
  5. Unlimited plan really does mean UNLIMITED (email from Verizon)
    By ralphtrent in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 09:29 AM

Search tags for this page

droid maxx

,
droid maxx phone plans
,
droid maxx unlimited data
,
droid maxx upgrade price
,
droid razr maxx how to get unlimited
,
droid unlimited
,
keep verizon unlimited data from droid x to maxx
,
unlimited droid maxx
,
verizon droid maxx upgrade unlimited
,
when is best buy going to get the droid maxx
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+