DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: navigation

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    Thanks for the clarification. Never used the maps before, so I didn't understand what they were doing till you guys clarified it for me. Now I know how to use it. Thanks.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I guess the navigation is improved a little. Same features but i think the UI is a little better and in keeping with the card idea from Now. I miss latitude and the measure tool from the older version. Maybe if they would allow G+ to link your location back to maps so you could see how far away your friend is that would fix that issue. The ruler thing I will miss too. You could even plot elevation change along the measured line. Kinda nice in the woods. I guess not much use in the city.
    Anyway i think we lost some nice tools in exchange for a little nicer interface. I guess not many people used them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Often times I drive and like to use the Nav without a destination just to see traffic as I go along. Before it was two taps and I had what I needed. Hit the blue nav icon and then map.

Also the old nav always had the arrow heading to the top of my phone which matched the direction I was going. Made figuring out left/right turns etc easy. Now it is a blue dot that goes everywhere with a little arrow on it pointing north. Confusing and harder to follow.

After the update my GPS accuracy was actually worse and most of the time shown off the road. No issues before.

So I have removed the update in hopes that since it is beta they will take note of a lot of our complaints. I dropped review to 1 star from 4 and noted my dislikes.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    The one thing I HATE about the new update is that you have no Street View anymore. Sometimes I'd get confused as to which road I have to take so I'd look up it by just pressing and seeing a street view of the direction I had to take. Now? That's not possible.

Does anyone know if you can still do this?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Long press the address and then after it loads, slide up from the bottom

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by xPlatinum-Androidx View Post
    The one thing I HATE about the new update is that you have no Street View anymore. Sometimes I'd get confused as to which road I have to take so I'd look up it by just pressing and seeing a street view of the direction I had to take. Now? That's not possible.

Does anyone know if you can still do this?
    I still have street view on my DNA after the update . Did you download street view? I always had the app downloaded even though it was part of maps but maybe you have to download it separately now.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Street view is gone during navigation as far as i can tell. I haven't used it actually on the road in any congested area. Seems like before it would zoom to street view at your destination and at congested intersections. I thought you could also see street view from the direction list. It seems overall maps stepped backwards on lots of things that maybe weren't used by many.

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    My map and nav seem to always revert to the simple map view, when I want it to default to satellite view. Can't find a setting to make this the default, so I have to keep going to the settings and choose sat manually each time. I also miss the zoom in/out +/- buttons that would appear and the distance ruler. You can now double tap to zoom in, but zooming out seems to take the two fingered spread, which is awkward when driving. And I, also, liked to just turn on nav to see traffic, orientation, etc, without having a destination plugged in. But, yes, some of the new maps format is positive.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by myc8e View Post
    My map and nav seem to always revert to the simple map view, when I want it to default to satellite view. Can't find a setting to make this the default, so I have to keep going to the settings and choose sat manually each time. I also miss the zoom in/out +/- buttons that would appear and the distance ruler. You can now double tap to zoom in, but zooming out seems to take the two fingered spread, which is awkward when driving. And I, also, liked to just turn on nav to see traffic, orientation, etc, without having a destination plugged in. But, yes, some of the new maps format is positive.
    To zoom double tap then slide up or down to zoom in or out. I discovered this feature a few updates back. Not sure about the sat view and i miss the ruler and latitude.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    If i close in sat view it reopens in sat view.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links