DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jelly bean finally announced!......Sort of...

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Rooted..Duh!

Jelly bean finally announced!......Sort of...

Well Jelly Bean has been finally set to Q2 for Bionic. But is it too late? Who knows......Say we will be getting 4.1... should be 4.2 for making us wait! But the thing is will this be the last update? Stalled at 4.1 when we had the phone before the Razrs? We shall see....... Via Droid-Life:

Motorola Commits to Updating DROID Bionic to Jelly Bean in Q2 ? Droid Life
    LiVe ToDaY LiKe ThErE Is No ToMoRrOw...FoR ThE ZoMbIe ApOcAlYpSe Is UpoN uS..

Moto Bionic....stock for now....

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    EnV Touch>Bionic
    Someday, we'll get it. My next upgrade is in September. Since I'm not a sucker to pay for the latest and greatest, that Maxx HD will get me back to the thin look, real cheap by then. Sorry, it's still just a phone, with goodies.
    Going to miss the Bionic only lapdock though. Should be running real sweet with JB, they say.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    EnV Touch>Bionic
    This has been a great phone, even with the dreaded red dot inside.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerstempe View Post
    Someday, we'll get it. My next upgrade is in September. Since I'm not a sucker to pay for the latest and greatest, that Maxx HD will get me back to the thin look, real cheap by then. Sorry, it's still just a phone, with goodies.
    Going to miss the Bionic only lapdock though. Should be running real sweet with JB, they say.
    I am in the same boat my upgrade is in October but most likely I will be sticking with this phone for a bit. It does all i need it do so I am fine with it. I mean I had my phone prior to this one a LG Dare for 3 and half years and the only reason I got rid of it is because it went bonkers. So I can see myself sticking with this phone for at least another year I've had no issues.

As for the Jelly Bean update I think we will get it sooner than later in Q2. My guess would be sometime by the end of April maybe early May at the latest but that is just a guess so who knows. I think along with the Xoom LTE it is the only Verizon/Motorala product the remains to get the update so I could see it happening within another month realistically. And yes most likely 4.1.2 will be the last update for this phone and I would also guess the Rzr/MAXX and D4
    Last edited by Tums; 03-27-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Rooted..Duh!
    I think the Razr phones will probably get 5.0 key lime pie. They said each phone will get 2 major updates, came with ginger bread so jelly bean is 1 and key lime would be 2....just sucks we have to wait so long....

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 1
    My update is in July. I was looking at the s4 but I'm gonna stick it out with the jb update and see what comes out later this year
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by resident psycho View Post
    I think the Razr phones will probably get 5.0 key lime pie. They said each phone will get 2 major updates, came with ginger bread so jelly bean is 1 and key lime would be 2....just sucks we have to wait so long....
    Did you forget about ics
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Rooted..Duh!
    yes I did... brain fart

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Don't see Jellybean saving my Android experience

I've decided to not get in a hurry to upgrade my Bionic. It's just a phone with benefits as far as I'm concerned. I had a Palm Pre for 2 years before I got this phone and if they had stayed in the business I'd still own a Palm. Best multitasking phone hands down. Took me awhile to get used to Android and still not sure I'm used to it (or want to be for that matter). I've been dinking around with Windows 8 on my home computer (even though I don't have a touchscreen monitor, which is almost a must to fully realize the potential of this software) and I think I'll go try out the Windows 8 phone in the store to see how it compares to WebOS...just not happy with the way Android handles app switching.
  11. Bfp
    Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I've decided to not get in a hurry to upgrade my Bionic. It's just a phone with benefits as far as I'm concerned. I had a Palm Pre for 2 years before I got this phone and if they had stayed in the business I'd still own a Palm. Best multitasking phone hands down. Took me awhile to get used to Android and still not sure I'm used to it (or want to be for that matter). I've been dinking around with Windows 8 on my home computer (even though I don't have a touchscreen monitor, which is almost a must to fully realize the potential of this software) and I think I'll go try out the Windows 8 phone in the store to see how it compares to WebOS...just not happy with the way Android handles app switching.
    The wife just got a windows 8 phone a Nokia 822 lumina, not a bad phone and i would say the radio in it ts as good as my bionic.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links