DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: COMPLETELY wipe bionic and start from scratch

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

COMPLETELY wipe bionic and start from scratch

I just need to remove everything that isn't fastboot. Everything. Why? cant mount internal storage. best I can come up with is its something related to corrupt kernel, emmc, etc. cant find a clear way to fix it. if you have a clear way to fix it, im all ears, but at this point it would be so much easier (I think) to erase EVERYTHING from the internal storage. not just the 8 gig /mnt/sdcard partition. and then how to go about flashing stock image with rsdlite or other program. ive flashed countless roms before, just don't know if there would be any additional steps for a COMPLETE overhaul. hopefully we can keep this thread on topic

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    .246 fxz and you're done.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by dfcfu342 View Post
    .246 fxz and you're done.

tried 40 times already. from what ive gathered this has been an issue with android for years. I need to be able to completely erase all partitions, repartition and start from scratch. using adb with su I cant take ownership/remount/erase/chmod several directories, and im not sure how to repartition. I need EVERY TRACE OF EVERYTHING BUT FASTBOOT GONE from my phones INTERNAL 16gb sdcard. the one soldered to the board, not the removable one. sorry, trying to keep this post from going to paths of retarded speculation and obvious solutions. im no programmer, but I taught myself dos at two. ive tried all the obvious. 4 days dedicated to this so far. first time in my life ive ran into a problem where I actually had to post somewhere to ask for help. its been about twenty years since I really used Linux. getting back into it all. consider me an advanced user who doesn't know all the commands. I need to erase and format all data and partitions. I need to manually repartition the entire storage area. 4 gigs for the various system areas, 4 gigs in /data, and 8 gigs in /mnt/sdcard with symlink to /sdcard. (I wouldn't mind changing data to 1 or 2 gig, and applying the extra to /mnt/sdcard. I don't know how much more specific I can be
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Re: COMPLETELY wipe bionic and start from scratch

I certainly can't help you with your problem. Its way over my head.

Have you tried posting at XDA forums? You may have more luck there. They are more dedicated to solving complex issues than this forum. Although I enjoy this forum, it is usually for rumors, speculation, and easy fixes.

Good luck!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    D3, D1, XOOM

Re: COMPLETELY wipe bionic and start from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by alphalfa View Post
    tried 40 times already. from what ive gathered this has been an issue with android for years. I need to be able to completely erase all partitions, repartition and start from scratch. using adb with su I cant take ownership/remount/erase/chmod several directories, and im not sure how to repartition. I need EVERY TRACE OF EVERYTHING BUT FASTBOOT GONE from my phones INTERNAL 16gb sdcard. the one soldered to the board, not the removable one. sorry, trying to keep this post from going to paths of retarded speculation and obvious solutions. im no programmer, but I taught myself dos at two. ive tried all the obvious. 4 days dedicated to this so far. first time in my life ive ran into a problem where I actually had to post somewhere to ask for help. its been about twenty years since I really used Linux. getting back into it all. consider me an advanced user who doesn't know all the commands. I need to erase and format all data and partitions. I need to manually repartition the entire storage area. 4 gigs for the various system areas, 4 gigs in /data, and 8 gigs in /mnt/sdcard with symlink to /sdcard. (I wouldn't mind changing data to 1 or 2 gig, and applying the extra to /mnt/sdcard. I don't know how much more specific I can be
    Safestrap 3.11 allows flashing over the stock ROM, not sure if that helps or if it's possible since you can't mount.

Once in safestrap, activate stock ROM, then format system to wipe all??? Just a thought... sorry if no help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic XT875
    Ghfghjj!!!
    Last edited by Fadtydawg; 04-26-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Links