DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Still in line for JB

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Dont see us getting JB since most of the Bionic that were sold will come up for renewal May-July timeframe. Mine is 5/18. I will be buying one of the newer phones. My wife has the droid 3. We will update hers first. Hopefully an HD4 will be out by then since she likes a physical keyboard
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by blowngtp View Post
    Dont see us getting JB since most of the Bionic that were sold will come up for renewal May-July timeframe. Mine is 5/18. I will be buying one of the newer phones. My wife has the droid 3. We will update hers first. Hopefully an HD4 will be out by then since she likes a physical keyboard
    They have already confirmed that the Bionic will be getting JB so this phone will def get it, now when it will be coming out is a different story. You might get it before your update you might not knowing how slow VZ is to approve stuff doesn't seem like a would make a difference for somebody who is going to update regardless. But in short JB is going to be released for this phone. Obviously the last update we will get (Most likely the same for phones like the D4, Rzr/MAXX) it is just a question of when they decided to get it out.
    Last edited by Tums; 03-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545)
    Now that JB is available for the Razr, we are one step closer to JB for our Bionics.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto X

Re: Still in line for JB

And why the razr is first is beyond me.

Liquid Smooth Bionic
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Soak tests emails for the Droid 4 started going out. No confirmation if it's JB but if it is, that's a great sign for us Bionic owners!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chapman_troy
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    At the rate the Moto is going, getting the Droid 4 done in the next two-three weeks...the Bionic should get the JB hopefully in early Q2.
    Motorola Razr Maxx phone & Xoom tablet
    *filled with JellyBean goodies*
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    my phone barely operates more than 2 simultaneous apps with ICS now. i'd be scared to think what it does on JB. the galaxy s4 can't come fast enough
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted
    Upgrade schmupgrade Ive been eligible for upgrade since august of last year when the contract I got my original DX on ran out. Do not want to lose unlimited and bought this bionic from someone who got it as a factory replacement. Best phone I've had yet. Don't need the latest/greatest I need tapatalk, LTE and tethering. I am on the road a ton and crack 5-6 GB every month at least if not more.

Lol "data hogs" you guys do know that the carriers came up with that term to demonize those of us who were and still are using the full potential of the service offered and to deflect the blame off of their douchbaggery for making people pay more for less right? They are perfectly able to offer unlimited like Sprint and T-Mobile do but they won't because they are greedy assholes. And yeah "why don't you go to those other carriers then?". Because they haven't completed their LTE deployment yet, when they do I'm gone.

So bring on the JB for those of us who want to keep a perfectly good, functional phone for awhile and not drop however much money to have the latest/greatest thing out there. Even with an upgrade I'd rather spend the $200-$300 a new top end phone would cost on something else.
    Last edited by ScottyDsntKnow; 03-12-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    pistacio and Verizonisbaaad like this.
    -Bionic, Extended Battery, stock rooted JB, still going strong
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

-boost mobile Epic 4G 1.4GHZ Marcusant V3 R.I.P.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    kdwisdom
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, ICS-Rooted!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    Those of us who got the Bionic on day 1 are eligible for a new phone on May 8th. I'm either going with a Samsung S IV or the rumored Motorola X phone. Since the X is still rumored and Moto is notorius for delays, I'll probably end up with the Samsung. Guess I don't care a lot whether Bionic ever gets JB, and I'll bet it doesn't happen before I am eligible.
    Yup, I'm due for an upgrade on May 8th. Unfortunately, Android hasn't does enough to make another phone more appealing, so I'm going to take a 2 year break from Android and get an iPhone 5, then I'll come back a couple years after that.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by kdwisdom View Post

Yup, I'm due for an upgrade on May 8th. Unfortunately, Android hasn't does enough to make another phone more appealing, so I'm going to take a 2 year break from Android and get an iPhone 5, then I'll come back a couple years after that.
    Boooooooooo
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links